• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ok thanks for the info.
You were lucky not to get a ban.
You must earn more than Ferdinand :smile:

Tell me about it. I played a humble with the magistrate and told them that my poor old ma had to get to the hospital regularly and she took pity....Oddly enough, my mate's brother got caught doing exactly the same the following week and got 6 points a £550 fine :smile:

Was over 10 years ago now, but IIRC it didn't affect my insurance at all.

38mph in a 30 limit near Billericay. So probably a speed camera near where he lives. I bet having a ban really bumps up insurance when he can drive again.

Yes, according to the Echo report:-

[FONT=&quot]Basildon Magistrates’ Court heard the former Premier League defender was caught in his Audi Q5 on the A129 near to Hickstars Lane in South Green, Billericay, at 5.19pm on November 15.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ferdinand, 32, of Grove Park, London was snapped by a speed camera driving at 38mph in the 30mph zone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The court heard Ferdinand has committed similar offences since the beginning of 2015.[/FONT]

Yes, according to the Echo report:-

Basildon Magistrates’ Court heard the former Premier League defender was caught in his Audi Q5 on the A129 near to Hickstars Lane in South Green, Billericay, at 5.19pm on November 15.
Ferdinand, 32, of Grove Park, London was snapped by a speed camera driving at 38mph in the 30mph zone.
The court heard Ferdinand has committed similar offences since the beginning of 2015.

Wasn't his mum ill at that time?

Why is it necessary to put his salary in the story, i don't remember seeing other peoples earnings when they've been done for speeding.

Surely this is a civil rather than a criminal offence in law?

With all your hands on experience of the English criminal system before you fled to Spain I thought you would have appreciated that this is a criminal matter?

Speeding is very much a criminal offence. It is prosecuted by the CPS in the magistrates court and they have to meet the criminal burden of proof in the same way as they did when Luke McCormick committed a similar traffic offence, albeit with tragic consequences to his recklessness.

With all your hands on experience of the English criminal system before you fled to Spain I thought you would have appreciated that this is a criminal matter?

Speeding is very much a criminal offence. It is prosecuted by the CPS in the magistrates court and they have to meet the criminal burden of proof in the same way as they did when Luke McCormick committed a similar traffic offence, albeit with tragic consequences to his recklessness.

I do have previous convictions for speeding and for careless driving but that was a long time ago now.And the convictions are spent.

Btw,I didn't "flee to Spain" at all.:raspberry:

I do have previous convictions for speeding and for careless driving but that was a long time ago now.And the convictions are spent.

Btw,I didn't "flee to Spain" at all.:raspberry:

I'm glad you did,the roads are a lot safer without you it would seem,my God Barners the boy racer.:omg::hilarious:

I'm glad you did,the roads are a lot safer without you it would seem,my God Barners the boy racer.:omg::hilarious:

Ha! No recent convictions on my licence -unlike my wife who has to attend a 2 day driving course this weekend to get 3 points back on hers.

Perhaps Anton should walk in from Billericay? Might improve his mobility on the pitch.:winking:

Why is it necessary to put his salary in the story, i don't remember seeing other peoples earnings when they've been done for speeding.

He's a Ferdinand, he's well known and the BBC would see his earnings as a useful titbit to beef up the story, especially as, on the face of it, it's not a fortune.

Salary has to be disclosed now because fines are set at a proportion of your weekly wage. I don't think overtime and bonuses are taken into consideration, just the basic weekly salary net of tax and NI.

From the papers at the time the new rules came in...

All of the bands have a starting limit, which is a percentage of your weekly income. However, this can be increased or decreased depending on the circumstances, which are explained below.

The starting point for a Band A fine is 50pc of weekly income but this could vary between 25pc and 75pc. For Band B offences fines vary between 75pc and 125pc.

The most serious offenders who are hit with a Band C fine will be charged 150pc of their relevant weekly income, which could rise to 175pc or fall to 125pc.

The fine is capped at £1,000, or £2,500 if you're caught speeding on the motorway. The charges are calculated based on your income after tax and national insurance deductions.

Anton's offence carries a Band A tariff so he got a standard fine based on a disclosed weekly wage of £690.

I got caught on that speed camera about 15 years ago. Its right near where I used to live but since moving away rhe moved the 40 limit a mile further down the road

he's on more than that, because it would be easy for him to earn far more than that elsewhere. there will be bonuses for playing or winning or clean sheets or promotion. although it's a fairly basic point, I'm actually quite impressed the club haven't given him a massive whack just for turning up - I'd have said they were daft enough. hopefully all the ex premier league boys have contracts that are similarly structured.

he's on more than that, because it would be easy for him to earn far more than that elsewhere. there will be bonuses for playing or winning or clean sheets or promotion. although it's a fairly basic point, I'm actually quite impressed the club haven't given him a massive whack just for turning up - I'd have said they were daft enough. hopefully all the ex premier league boys have contracts that are similarly structured.
Kightleys on 2500+ a week , well done Ferdys lawyer!

Fines are usually in line with your wages so they fine you a percentage of what you earn. So most prob to protect him from a bigger fine

Back