• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fergie 10m for Delph???

:tumbleweed: :tumbleweed: :zzzzz: :zzzzz:

Fergie this time is it....

There have been so many rumours it's unreal. We turned down a £3mil bid from Stoke in the summer so i expect if he goes to be big, big money. He will play for England one day so anything less than £10mil i would bin

He is a class player I have watched him for a while and think he certainly has bags and bags of potential and have to agree with Gareth, he will play for England one day. Manchester United might be a bad move I don't know.... But I think he would be better at Arsenal.. Wenger has a talent for taking youthful players under his wing and making them amazing. He has done a fantastic job with Walcott and now Ramsey is coming along well, Same with the rest of his youthful players.

He is a class player I have watched him for a while and think he certainly has bags and bags of potential and have to agree with Gareth, he will play for England one day. Manchester United might be a bad move I don't know.... But I think he would be better at Arsenal.. Wenger has a talent for taking youthful players under his wing and making them amazing. He has done a fantastic job with Walcott and now Ramsey is coming along well, Same with the rest of his youthful players.

That might be the case young man but he is fine where he is

Thanks though ;)

Good player, but didn't look anywhere near a £10m player at the Hall. He might be worth that in the near future but it's silly money at the moment.

Good player, but didn't look anywhere near a £10m player at the Hall. He might be worth that in the near future but it's silly money at the moment.

Put it this way if Wayne Bridge is worth £12mil he must be nearer £20mil, this is the lads first season and he has the ability to play at the very highest level. Look at Ramsey, Walcott etc i think he has the potential to be better if not as good as them

I would want £5mil for Beckford and look at how much he was worth judging on our Roots Hall appearance

Put it this way if Wayne Bridge is worth £12mil he must be nearer £20mil, this is the lads first season and he has the ability to play at the very highest level. Look at Ramsey, Walcott etc i think he has the potential to be better if not as good as them

I would want £5mil for Beckford and look at how much he was worth judging on our Roots Hall appearance

Not sure as Wayne Bridge is a rare commodity in football - a decent, consistent player who is completely happy warming the bench for entire seasons and then committing to doing the same for many to come.

It's unlikely this new chap would be so happily unloved!

Ramsey cost Arsenal just under £5m though. There's no way Delph is twice the player.

On that display, £5 and a couple of training bibs would be about right. ;)

Delph has a trial coming up for drink driving, so I would have thought that any interested parties might at least want to wait on the outcome of that. Then again risking lives, assult, etc. don't seem to be job threatening issues any more provided that you're a bit handy with a football.

Yeah, Ferguson's record with bringing young talent through is awful. It killed Rooney's career, Ronaldo has never been the same, Beckham, Scholes, Phil Neville - all the big names struggled there.

Wenger on the otherhand has proved to be the best place for young English talent: Richard Wright, Matthew Upson, Francis Jeffers, Jermaine Pennant, Nicky Nicolau etc etc all signed as England fringe players and became world cup winners whilst David Bentley and Tommy Black got their big breaks there.

Back