• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stodge

First XI
Boss: Let's get back to work

Sir Alex Ferguson insists United will respond in the right manner after their shock Carling Cup exit at Southend.

Not for the first time in his 20 years at Old Trafford, the manager will have to keep his head while all those around him - in the press, at least - lose theirs. He will shun the inevitable calls for players to be axed, even exiled, and concentrate on preparing his Premiership leaders for the pursuit of a sixth consecutive league win.

"We are disappointed because our club can’t accept being beaten in any kind of competition, even a friendly, because of the expectation level," conceded Sir Alex at Southend.

"But I know that tomorrow we can get our togs on and start working again because that’s the name of the game at this club. Not to look back but look forward.

"We’ve had a disappointment but there’ll be no knee-jerk reaction, no mass sackings or suicides I hope, but a lot of recriminations.

"We’ll get panned in the press but by doing that you’re taking away from the performance that Southend gave.

"I think we started a bit slack and they got some impetus from that. The goal they scored was incredible, it was fantastic. I don’t think the boy (Fredy Eastwood) will score another one like it in his lifetime.

"If you’re going to be beaten, it’s better to be beaten by something special. I think it was something special."

Cristiano Ronaldo - described by Sir Alex as "our one player who really did play well tonight" - made several attempts to score a special goal himself, only to be denied by the acrobatics of Southend shot-stopper Darryl Flahavan.

"He’s had four or five fantastic strikes at goal and the goalkeeper’s been magnificent. I thought he was the star man, I must say," praised Sir Alex.

Freddy will never score another goal like that in his lifetime?

Someone didn't do their homework.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stodge @ Nov. 07 2006,23:57)]"... I don’t think the boy (Fredy Eastwood) will score another one like it in his lifetime."
He clearly doesn't know much about Freddy. If he saw a video of Freddy's best goals he'd be making a £5m bid in double quick time.

Freddy today for the first time proved he can do it against world class defenders. Not just the free kick, but the movement, pace and vision.

We'll be lucky to hold onto him in January, but will get a few more quid for him now.

Credit to Fergie, he said on Sky Sports that we deserved it and no sourness from the Scottish geezer unlike previous times before. He's gone up in my estimation, but to be fair we played so well tonight, he couldn't sat much else!

Fergie gets some stick from rival fans but I think everything about his approach to tonight's game was respectful, including those comments.

Freddy has scored some wonderful goals. I'm not sure he's scored a better on than that though. What a hit.

Some of the Manure fans aren't so gracious about their own players.

From one of their forums

Kuzcczak - not as good as VDS

Oshea - tractor, crap
Tango - orange.
Silvestre - kidney head, crap
Heinze - slow, can't pass, play Evra

Ronaldo - showpony, winker
Jones - new keane.
Fletcher - new miller
Richardson - crap, crap

Rooney - fat
Smith - ex leeds

laugh.gif
shame

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Nov. 08 2006,01:21)]Some of the Manure fans aren't so gracious about their own players.

From one of their forums

Kuzcczak - not as good as VDS

Oshea - tractor, crap
Tango - orange.
Silvestre - kidney head, crap
Heinze - slow, can't pass, play Evra

Ronaldo - showpony, winker
Jones - new keane.
Fletcher - new miller
Richardson - crap, crap

Rooney - fat
Smith - ex leeds