• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fully agree with you, had a bit of a rant about it yesterday on FB. As I see it, there's no way Mike Dean should have failed to make a complaint for SAF's behaviour, and if the FA had the balls to, then he should be treated to the same kind of behaviour that other managers have when they've overstepped the mark. Instead, he thinks he's above everything and then has the gall to make a totally disparaging and unnecessarily disrespectful remark about Pardew and Newcastle.

Pardew's an odious, hypocritical tosser and Newcastle's a town populated by swathes of the great unwashed and unemployed. They're fair game to me.

More to the point, it amazes me how, even after 26 years, people still take the noises emanating from Ferguson's mouth seriously. Everything's said for a purpose and he ramps up the catankerousness each time he feels the squad are coming under pressure from the media. Poor performance against Swansea? Van Persie could've been killed. Dodgy defending against Newcastle? That Pardew's a bit of a *******, isn't he. Mourinho did exactly the same at Inter, even going as far as creating a row with the Italian media to do so. It's all a part of creating a siege mentality to inspire the squad to achieve in the face of perceived adversity, and the more people getting their knickers in a twist over some throwaway comments made in a press conference, the better for Ferguson.

Pardew's an odious, hypocritical tosser and Newcastle's a town populated by swathes of the great unwashed and unemployed. They're fair game to me.

More to the point, it amazes me how, even after 26 years, people still take the noises emanating from Ferguson's mouth seriously. Everything's said for a purpose and he ramps up the catankerousness each time he feels the squad are coming under pressure from the media. Poor performance against Swansea? Van Persie could've been killed. Dodgy defending against Newcastle? That Pardew's a bit of a *******, isn't he. Mourinho did exactly the same at Inter, even going as far as creating a row with the Italian media to do so. It's all a part of creating a siege mentality to inspire the squad to achieve in the face of perceived adversity, and the more people getting their knickers in a twist over some throwaway comments made in a press conference, the better for Ferguson.
I realise the purpose of the remarks he's made, ESB, but his behaviour ON the day, at the time, to the officials should not be tolerated, and he should be made to realise that.

I realise the purpose of the remarks he's made, ESB, but his behaviour ON the day, at the time, to the officials should not be tolerated, and he should be made to realise that.

I take it you know what was said to the officials, then? If Mike Dean and his official are failing to take offence to it, then I fail to see why anybody else should. They had every chance to include Ferguson's antics in their report, but failed to do so. That to me suggests it might just be being blown out of proportion by the media - exactly what Ferguson wants to happen, detracting from what are some very valid criticisms of United's defending in recent weeks.

I take it you know what was said to the officials, then? If Mike Dean and his official are failing to take offence to it, then I fail to see why anybody else should. They had every chance to include Ferguson's antics in their report, but failed to do so. That to me suggests it might just be being blown out of proportion by the media - exactly what Ferguson wants to happen, detracting from what are some very valid criticisms of United's defending in recent weeks.
No need to patronise me, I think it's very clear to anyone that saw the way he was remonstrating, that he was hardly wishing them the compliments of the season! His body language was pretty easy to read. Any manager who is practically screaming in the face of officials should be penalised, why should he be allowed to get away with this when Wenger (who I'm no great fan of), was penalised as a result of the same ref making a complaint about his kicking a water bottle in anger?

ESB talks sense. If they didn't report it then that's fine, yes there was some shouting and arm waving but it wasn't clearly offensive and/or abusive

No need to patronise me, I think it's very clear to anyone that saw the way he was remonstrating, that he was hardly wishing them the compliments of the season! His body language was pretty easy to read. Any manager who is practically screaming in the face of officials should be penalised, why should he be allowed to get away with this when Wenger (who I'm no great fan of), was penalised as a result of the same ref making a complaint about his kicking a water bottle in anger?

If he's questioning the reasoning behind a decision without being offensive then I don't think there's an awful lot that warrants further action. Like I've said, if Dean or the linesman in question felt offended then they would've included it in the report. To suggest they haven't simply because it's Ferguson is a huge leap.

And, IIRC, it wasn't Dean who complained about Wenger kicking the bottle of water, it was the fourth official who called Dean over to talk to Wenger after he made a series of complaints before kicking the bottle.

ESB talks sense. If they didn't report it then that's fine, yes there was some shouting and arm waving but it wasn't clearly offensive and/or abusive

No,he doesn't.
Ferguson is a bully,pure and simple.If the FA had any balls they'd fine him and give him a touchline ban.As they would to any other manager who'd behaved in the same manner.There seems to be one rule for Sir Alex and another for the rest.

If he's questioning the reasoning behind a decision without being offensive then I don't think there's an awful lot that warrants further action. Like I've said, if Dean or the linesman in question felt offended then they would've included it in the report. To suggest they haven't simply because it's Ferguson is a huge leap.

And, IIRC, it wasn't Dean who complained about Wenger kicking the bottle of water, it was the fourth official who called Dean over to talk to Wenger after he made a series of complaints before kicking the bottle.
Maybe the 4th official should have taken a more pro-active role in this incident as well then!

You're not seriously telling me you don't think Ferguson was out of line are you? His body language screamed how irate he was and I doubt very much he could control himself enough to be that​ angry and remain polite, it's not something he's known for doing is it?

There is a difference between being angry/irate and being abusive or offensive. If the officials weren't offended then its end of story as far as I'm concerned. Officials, rightly or wrongly, get yelled at week in week out.

Maybe the 4th official should have taken a more pro-active role in this incident as well then!

You're not seriously telling me you don't think Ferguson was out of line are you? His body language screamed how irate he was and I doubt very much he could control himself enough to be that​ angry and remain polite, it's not something he's known for doing is it?

I'm telling you that if the officials thought he'd crossed a line, then they surely would've included any incidents in their report for the FA to investigate. Mike Dean's been a Select Group referee for more than a decade now, he knows the procedure. If you're suggesting that Dean hasn't included it in his report simply because it's Ferguson, then you're beginning to sound like that cluster of Liverpool fans who are adamant that Ferguson controls the FA, the referees, the fixture computer and the weather.

I'm telling you it's far more likely that, in spite of how you individually might have perceived his antics, it's probably far more likely that Dean didn't take much notice of Ferguson's ranting because it never crossed the line of offensive and/or insulting behaviour.

I'm telling you it's far more likely that, in spite of how you individually might have perceived his antics, it's probably far more likely that Dean didn't take much notice of Ferguson's ranting because it never crossed the line of offensive and/or insulting behaviour.

The worst of it wasn't directed at Dean though, that was at the 4th official and the lino!

Ferguson is bully AND the officials MUST not put up with his antics during the game, if a player carried on like that he would be carded. Pardew is insufferable and morally corrupt judging by the rumours and he should be silent on ref "bashing" issues because of his history. Arsene needs to realize that whinging is not a great inspirational trait in a leader & that any part of a quote he gives might be subject to press shortening and mis-use.
For me Neil Lennon takes some beating in the odious league table of managers.

He's a prat and the day he retires will be the day I laugh my big fat head off at all the Man U supporting mugs in the world. Frankly, the FA are ****ing useless when it comes to any one of the big clubs - they never toss Alex out on his rear any time he acts out like this, they've never investigated Chelsea's finances, and they sure as Hell never investigated just how spurs got good enough to even get close to Europe in the first ****ing place.

Bunch of useless bloody morons in the first bloody place.

He's a prat and the day he retires will be the day I laugh my big fat head off at all the Man U supporting mugs in the world. Frankly, the FA are ****ing useless when it comes to any one of the big clubs - they never toss Alex out on his rear any time he acts out like this, they've never investigated Chelsea's finances, and they sure as Hell never investigated just how spurs got good enough to even get close to Europe in the first ****ing place.

Bunch of useless bloody morons in the first bloody place.

I'm sure I'd respond if I had even the slightest idea what the bloody hell you were banging on about.

Back