• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wessex Blue

Manager
I've seen it all now...! I was looking on the BBC site and i've seen that Ferguson is whingeing that it's unfair that the Champions League knockout stages aren't seeded. He seems to think that the so called big clubs have a divine right to make it into the CL quarter finals. He seems to think that if UEFA don't fix it in favour of the big clubs in the future there will be a revolt by the elite of European football.

I think it's a bloody cheek when clubs like Porto get ideas above their station and win competitions that should be the sole preserve of one of the G14 clubs.

BTW Fergie has just proved what a total c**t he is, what a sad, sad **** of a man. I hope the pr*ck gets the boot ASAP
mad.gif

How about the CHAMPIONS league only included the actual CHAMPIONS like it used to then it really would pit the best clubs against each other. But I guess that wouldn't suit Man U either....

For me this cup jumped the shark the moment it let runners up and teams down to 4th place in and also let eliminated clubs go on to compete in the UEFA cup thus making the UEFA cup into a mockery at the same time.

I heard about this a couple of days ago, apparantly it's a stance taken by the whole G14 group.

Personally I think it's ridiculous. Seeding may work in games like tennis but it had no place whatsoever in football. IMO the draws shouldn't be seeded either.
mad.gif

I thought it was AC Milan's president who suggested this?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 22 2005,19:01)]I heard about this a couple of days ago, apparantly it's a stance taken by the whole G14 group.
If they want it, it will happen.............sadly

sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Mar. 23 2005,06:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Mar. 22 2005,19:01)]I heard about this a couple of days ago, apparantly it's a stance taken by the whole G14 group.
If they want it, it will happen.............sadly

sad.gif
What's the point of it all, any more? Why bother to have competitions at all if all they're interested in is rigging the system so that the so-called big boys don't play each other until the latter phases of a competition.

It's pathetic. If football is not about merit - about winning by scoring the most goals on a level playing field - then what's the point of it? Why not create a European Super League where Man U, Real and Inter can play each other every week, and leave the rest of us to get on with a domestic league we can actually enjoy for a change.

Scum, the lot of 'em.

down.gif

Matt

Back