• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Festive cards will not be in short supply if Boxing Day referee, Darren Deadman's last appearance at Roots Hall is anything to go by.

Deadman, a civil servant from Cheshunt, showed 9 yellow cards in a staggering display of incompetence last season at home to Franchise FC. As it happens, we probably benefitted from this abject performance.

In his sixth season as a League referee he has notched up well over 500 yellow cards. His red card count is above average too.

He was, for some reason I never really understood, a member of the so-called Talent Group of promising young officials being groomed for better things. Based on previous experience of watching Mr Deadman, expect unnecessary cautions and a few puzzling decisions all delivered with an iritating style.

His 11 matches this season have produced an above-average 39 yellows and 2 reds. His last 5 matches have all been Championship matches and the 9 league matches he has refereed this season do not include a single home win.

He was once suspended for two weeks for allowing one too many substitutions in a pre-season friendly - hardly his biggest crime against football.

Refereed us 6 times before. Before the above-mentioned match it was the previous season away to Brighton, where those of you with binoculars would have seen him caution Dervite and Sankofa. The season before at home to Northampton (1-1 just 2 yellows), Preston at home the year before that (0-0 6 yellows) and the year before that at home to Swansea (1-2 7 yellows). He also did our 4-3 away win at Chesterfield that year when he sent off their defender for being unwittingly struck by the ball some way from goal.

His assistants will be Matt Stewart from Ipswich and Nigel Lugg from Chipstead with the very experienced Steve Rubery from Ilford looking after the numbers board.

I'm glad I can't make this game with him in charge. Easy one of the worse referees, and we have had our share.

I thought he was the one who did the game at Orient about 3 years ago, when Revs broke his leg.

Two years ago, it was Olly Langford, who also is not very good.
Three years ago it was Danny McDermid who also had a very poor match.

It's unlikely we will be playing Boxing Day anyway...

Frozen pitch and/or snow cover are almost dead certs...

It's unlikely we will be playing Boxing Day anyway...

Frozen pitch and/or snow cover are almost dead certs...

The club are confident the match will go ahead as planned (where have we heard that before?).

Mick said:
In which case Revell was making his debut not breaking his leg.
Blimey I'm getting old. Yes, it was his debut and Paul Terry nearly broke his leg, but only managed to get a yellow card IIRC

Blimey I'm getting old. Yes, it was his debut and Paul Terry nearly broke his leg, but only managed to get a yellow card IIRC

If I recall correctly, a free kick wasn't even given and no yellow cards were forthcoming. He also added on about 7 minutes of injury time for nothing in which Orient got an equaliser.

Back