• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fifa rotten to the core?

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Civil war appears to have broken out in Fifa, a pretty unedifying spectacle. Whole organisation seems totally corrupt. Perhaps we should follow Australia in claiming our expenses back for the last hopeless and futile bid to hold the competition?

The major individual football assocations should break away from FIFA. Us, Italy, Germany, Argies, Brazil etc should form their own organisation, run their own world cups. The FIFA World Cup without the main players is worthless.

Blatter on Radio5 ... Is he ****ed? On drugs? Not a single coherent sentence!

I saw something on SSN with him wittering on about some statement released on the FIFA website, looked to me very much like someone caught with his fingers in the cookie jar .. just go you cheating cretin !!!

Blatter's brass neck in the face of the current ordure swirling around FIFA is the sort of high-handed dismissal of his critics that would, frankly, have made Idi Amin blush. His autocratic style will seem especially risible when he "wins" his renomination vote for the presidency of FIFA tomorrow.

However - and here's the point - short of at least half a dozen of the world's major footballing powers withdrawing from FIFA and the next world cup, and with those withdrawals spread across at least a few continents (6 out of England, Spain, Germany, France, Brazil, Argentina, Italy, Mexico, Japan and, say, Sweden), then we are surely powerless to do anything about it. While the FIFA voters' interests are still being looked after by Sepp and chums, and while there is still a massive queue of sponsors willing to chip in (notwithstanding the recent comments of Adidas and Coca-Cola; if they pulled out, someone else would surely step in), then isn't the media's current writings about FIFA a bit, well, pointless. Nothing is going to change at FIFA when it doesn't have to change, as things stand...

If FIFA were a country with oil we'd be sending the military in around about now removing Sepp Blatter from power.

The money that is involved in football will attract just the sort of unsavoury characters who are running the world game. When and not if Blatter goes then probably that slippery little git Platini will probably grab the leadership and I don't trust him either. Whoever coined the phrase "Power corrupts and total power totally corrupts" must have had FIFA in mind when he said it. Its time for any sane thinking Football Associations to start to form a new governing body and pull away from these FAs who come from countries where corruption is a way of life, the decision to award Russia the 2018 world cup was an absolute disgrace and don't even get me started on 2022.

I suppose the only hope is that there will be even more stunning revelations before tomorrow's election but one honestly wonders what new allegations could disturb Blatter, above and beyond what has already been revealed. The English FA has been joined by the Scottish FA in its call for a postponement of the election, there's even talk of a joint stance from the Home Nations, that must have Blatter shaking in his boots.
One wonders whether, apart from the UK, anyone's too bothered by the shenanigans going on in Fifa. There is some coverage here in France but it is pretty subdued perhaps they don't want to queer the patch for their favourite son Michel Platini?

I suspect that England will be suspended from FIFA very shortly. The basis will be governmental interference, iof which there is little. However, Blatter and his Vice-President's will want to make England pay, and as a result forget about trying to qualify for the next World Cup.

That Argie had some cheek today saying that he would never vote for us as long as we still have the Falklands. I'd never vote for Argentina to have the World Cup as long as that cheating scumbag Maradona is alive so I guess we're even :witch Hunt:

I suspect that England will be suspended from FIFA very shortly. The basis will be governmental interference, iof which there is little. However, Blatter and his Vice-President's will want to make England pay, and as a result forget about trying to qualify for the next World Cup.

He's had it in for England for years.

The trouble is as it's a closed shop at the top for outsiders, it's going to be hard to collect evidence. When it's questioned by it's own FIFA panel, they find almost everyone not guilty of any wrong doing. Surprise surprise. With so much corruption, it really needs a criminal investigation, one that has powers to look into FIFA's books as well. Did you know that Millions of the sponsorship money that has supposedly gone on football projects in the poorer Countries, has mysteriously disappeared, with only a small fraction getting through, hhmmm. There has been massive syphoning of money, as well as receiving huge bungs, or favours for votes. No wonder Sepp Blatter is so bullish, and refuses to answer awkward questions. I fear there is much to hide.

Is there any police force that has the powers to carry this out? After all, it looks like a few Countries were shafted, along with us, and our Millions were wasted, as without giving a huge bung, we didn't have a prayer.
Surely something has to be done. They should not be allowed a free hand any longer.

The Aussie federation - FFA - didn't abstain and voted for Blatter. It's caused a LOT of anger among the footballing community here. Accusations that the FFA has betrayed the very people it's supposed to represent. It was a lead item on a primetime evening current affairs show over here this evening - something generally unheard of for 'soccer' in Australia.

Back