• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fifa rotten to the core?

The trouble is as it's a closed shop at the top for outsiders, it's going to be hard to collect evidence. When it's questioned by it's own FIFA panel, they find almost everyone not guilty of any wrong doing. Surprise surprise. With so much corruption, it really needs a criminal investigation, one that has powers to look into FIFA's books as well. Did you know that Millions of the sponsorship money that has supposedly gone on football projects in the poorer Countries, has mysteriously disappeared, with only a small fraction getting through, hhmmm. There has been massive syphoning of money, as well as receiving huge bungs, or favours for votes. No wonder Sepp Blatter is so bullish, and refuses to answer awkward questions. I fear there is much to hide.

Is there any police force that has the powers to carry this out? After all, it looks like a few Countries were shafted, along with us, and our Millions were wasted, as without giving a huge bung, we didn't have a prayer.
Surely something has to be done. They should not be allowed a free hand any longer.

wire-clay-davis.jpg

Thats very disturbing news from Ron, Germany has asked for a full inquiry into the 2022 vote (where Australia were massively shafted) yet STILL they vote for this odious little man .. no doubt a few more shekels were passed for this to happen

Thats very disturbing news from Ron, Germany has asked for a full inquiry into the 2022 vote (where Australia were massively shafted) yet STILL they vote for this odious little man .. no doubt a few more shekels were passed for this to happen

The feeling is they may be holding out that the 2022 vote might be re-done and the FFA didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Like I say though they have seriously misjudged the mood among Aussie football fans who seem to be genuinely livid about this. They are, rightly IMO, getting a bit of a kicking over this from their own fans.

Although I agree that FIFA are a right bunch - I do not think anyone should be supporting the ineffective clowns (blazers?) of the English FA.
Might give them some respect if they stood up to the Premier League over the FA Cup Final etc etc :thumbdown:

As usual, it's the English that lead the way in protesting against unfair dictatorships or autocracies. Notice how after our little spiel yesterday a load of no mark little countries got up and spoke in praise of Blatter? FIFA are a joke, they have been for a number of years. The whole debacle of the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 World Cups was nothing short of a managed spectacle, there was no "proper" vote, just securing of votes in less than edifying ways. It's about time the FA and some of the other major world players grew some and stood up to these idiots.

Many of these allegations could have been made a lot earlier but weren't - funny that with us bidding for the 2018 World Cup at the time.......

So whilst I give credit where it's due to the FA for taking the right stand now, lets not kid ourselves that they don't look after their own self interest when it suits.

In a speech earlier today, Sepp Blatter announced that he was sick of the ugly face of football and vowed to kick it out of the game."Tell the Swiss **** to go f*** himself, i'm going nowhere" Wayne Rooney later responded.

I see Jack Warner resigned and suddenly all investigations into his supposed malpractises were dropped

I wonder how big the envelope stuffed with cash was for him to take such a drastic measure

footballsucks.com

Excellent news that he's been suspended for life. Now FIFA absolutely MUST investigate Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid, which Bin Hammam was in charge of. If he's bribed officials to gain votes for the presidency then he may well have bribed members of the executive committee for the World Cup bid - hopefully they'll take it away from Qatar and just hold it in the USA, who received the next most votes, or have a revote

Excellent news that he's been suspended for life. Now FIFA absolutely MUST investigate Qatar's 2022 World Cup bid, which Bin Hammam was in charge of. If he's bribed officials to gain votes for the presidency then he may well have bribed members of the executive committee for the World Cup bid - hopefully they'll take it away from Qatar and just hold it in the USA, who received the next most votes, or have a revote

Agreed about the Qatar bid, but to hold a world tournament in a country where football is seen as a girls game? I think not.

Agreed about the Qatar bid, but to hold a world tournament in a country where football is seen as a girls game? I think not.

Agreed. I'd much rather it was played in a country where the average July temperature is 36C.

Back