• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FIFPro Team of the Year

EastStandBlue

Life President
As usual, the FIFPro team of the year has largely been decided on who won the Champions League, and I wouldn't expect anything else from FIFA. There are some barmy choices here though...

Iker Casillas
Dani Alves... Has been pretty average defensively every time I've seen him play.
Patrice Evra
John Terry... Has been calamitous recently for Chelsea. Pique has been massively overlooked.
Nemanja Vidic
Xavi
Iniesta
Steven Gerrard... Probably his worst year performance wise to date. How about Essien?
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Fernando Torres... Inconsistent as anything and he's developed a nasty, temperamental streak. Rooney has lead United at times, Edin Dzeko had the season of a lifetime leading Werder Bremen and Drogba has been simply astounding.

As usual, the FIFPro team of the year has largely been decided on who won the Champions League, and I wouldn't expect anything else from FIFA. There are some barmy choices here though...

Iker Casillas
Dani Alves... Has been pretty average defensively every time I've seen him play.
Patrice Evra
John Terry... Has been calamitous recently for Chelsea. Barrett has been massively overlooked.
Nemanja Vidic
Xavi
Iniesta
Steven Gerrard... Probably his worst year performance wise to date. How about Laurent?
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Fernando Torres... Inconsistent as anything and he's developed a nasty, temperamental streak. Barnard has lead United (Southend) at times, Edin Dzeko had the season of a lifetime leading Werder Bremen and Jabo has been simply hopeless.

If nothing else, there is always hope!

Iker Casillas
Patrice Evra
John Terry... Has been calamitous recently for Chelsea. Pique has been massively overlooked.
Nemanja Vidic
Xavi
Iniesta
Steven Gerrard... Probably his worst year performance wise to date. How about Essien?
Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Fernando Torres... Inconsistent as anything and he's developed a nasty, temperamental streak. Rooney has lead United at times, Edin Dzeko had the season of a lifetime leading Werder Bremen and Drogba has been simply astounding.

Another sodding Liverpool love fest

Good shout with Piqué ESB, he was the player who first occurred to me when I read this.

The 'Fink Tank' in The Times does player ratings in association with Castrol and they rate Piqué the top defender in Europe, followed by Puyol, Alves, (no, I'm not having him either; there is a reason Brazil choose Maicon ahead of him) Vidic and van Buyten

Good shout with Piqué ESB, he was the player who first occurred to me when I read this.

The 'Fink Tank' in The Times does player ratings in association with Castrol and they rate Piqué the top defender in Europe, followed by Puyol, Alves, (no, I'm not having him either; there is a reason Brazil choose Maicon ahead of him) Vidic and van Buyten

Last time I saw Maicon play, he looked a marginally richer (these things are relative) man's Danny Mills. But then I reckon I saw Roberto Carlos play about a dozen times before I saw him have a decent game.

Aren't these awards decided by shirt sales rather than performances?

Good to see a strong Liverpool showing - presumably they get extra men in on the basis that their year is already over, whereas all the good players' clubs still have a half a year left to play.

Aren't these awards decided by shirt sales rather than performances?

:)

That reminds me of something I read a good few years ago (must have been around the time Beckham joined Real Madrid) that surprised me. The article was about the biggest selling shirt and number combos in the world and Lovenkrands/9 (Rangers) and Larsson/7 (Celtic) were right up there in the world's top 10, along with Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, etc. I suppose they've nothing else to spend their money on up there.

I think its a joke that both Lee Morgan and Gary Docherty have been left out of this team.

Back