• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fighting today

GregStarz

Manager
What the hell happened today? Loads of trouble by the west / north bank with the Southampton fans. Seemed like they kept fighting with themselves!!

Also a dad walked past the west with his injured son (not good) but the abuse he was giving the west and the signals were shocking!!!

Anyone else see this or know what happened???

Also it was the 1st time ive seen the main road blocked off outside the ground to the station....

Am i right in thinking though, that inbreeding takes place on the south coast? This may explain some of their exploits.

yeah i saw all that as well.. crazy and didnt seem to be anything to do with the southend fans... that bloke who walked across in front of the west was nuts!

Saw this aswell, it looked like at first they were trying to get across to us, but then it turned into a little fight at the back with all the firm.
Then i really don't no what the man was thinking when walking past us all giving it all that, when his poor son had already been injured in something that happened in the saints end.

I was in the v block of the west and from what i could make out it seemed like they cant stand losing
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
although the Portsmouth chants did make me laugh

The most important fight was shown on the pitch.

Massive effort, not a tackle shirked. Just need to do that every single game now.

Some Southampton fan on the way to my car said "well done on winning your cup final"
suspect.gif

So I stopped and said to him no, cup finals are normally against good teams
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Dec. 09 2006,18:55)]Am i right in thinking though, that inbreeding takes place on the south coast? This may explain some of their exploits.
Bit harsh!

Don't judge us all by the antics of a few so-called fans who can't take losing!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Dec. 09 2006,20:48)]There were some southampton fans in the West.
Which block as i was in the v and never saw any.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpers & Co @ Dec. 09 2006,20:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Dec. 09 2006,20:48)]There were some southampton fans in the West.
Which block as i was in the v and never saw any.
Front row near half way line, three of them, one visible scarf and a shirt visible underneath. Did not look like trouble.

Unofficially the young lads injury was ALLEGED to have come from a Southend steward. This was not the case and after the father lead his boy around the ground shouting insults to us all the way round, the father was ALLEGEDLY arrested for striking his son shortly after reaching the corner.

As this is on going this is as I've said ALLEGED!

was a sad scene - felt for the kid as his "father" cntinued to act the tw&t

Have to say that a lot of their fans seemed to have the worst case of bigclubitis I've seen this season, which is going some when Manure have been in town. Special mention has to go to the "lads" lining the A127 before the game trying to wind up fans in colours and scaring the sh!t out of passing kids, while feigning amusement at the notion of a tinpot club like us having a fanzine - obviously real men, every last one of them. I wonder if they did the same thing in Cardiff?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Dec. 09 2006,19:11)]Saw this aswell, it looked like at first they were trying to get across to us, but then it turned into a little fight at the back with all the firm.
Then i really don't no what the man was thinking when walking past us all giving it all that, when his poor son had already been injured in something that happened in the saints end.
Shocking

I was speaking to a few Saints fans last night in the Last Post. They said that the kid was hit by a steward & his father, a known nutter, lost it big time & beat the sh!t out of the steward concerned, which is when it all kicked off! In all fairness to the Saints fans that I spoke to, they were p!ssed, but were a great bunch of blokes & well behaved!

Back