• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Film Director calls Southend "...a grotty third world Vegas..."

Smudger

Manager
Sorry but who is this no mark **** anyway .. probably born in some East London drug den

Those that live in glass houses and all that

And I shall call him a third rate Guy Richie with a Lock Stock fixation who's films will no doubt star Danny Dyer being a nawty Cockernee geezer.

He should worry more about the Velcro patch halfway up his scalp. Mass receding should be encountered with grace, style and a pony tail, not an amateurish pube like tuft.

Let's be honest it's not Las Vegas but it's a place I'm proud to say I was born and bred in and explain at least 3 times a week to locals who've never heard of the place or the club.

Do I miss it ? If I'm honest no but that won't stop me looking forward to coming back (next week Wed-Sat and possibly + a week). I coul never slag it off but I could point out so many missed opportunities. Pier, Marina, Vic Avenue, High St shambles for starters. Thanks to those entrepreneurs who continue to invest in the face of adversity (council) and the day-trippers the place is still 10 times better than the early 80s. Not forgetting of course SUFC though again I'm living without them surprisingly well thanks to updates from this place.

******s like this we can do without.

On days like today, when it's pleasantly warm without being uncomfortably hot, the sun is out, and you can take a stroll through Southchurch Park and onto the seafront, Southend-on-Sea is a lovely place to be.

Forget dissing Southend. 15 min waiting for a Hammersmith and City tube with next to no mobile connection reminds me in an instant why the UK is falling behind the rest of the world. Only the UK could be surrounded by water yet use fresh water to flush toilets. Only the UK could fail to stem the leaks of water which means you now have a water shortage. All the short term measures over the last few years have failed to lower water wastage. Money would have been far better spent and cheaper overhauling entire infrastructure.

Still, just at Liv St. Will be back in Southend in an hour or so. The nearer I get the more excited I am ! ORM's back (if only for 10 days)

And another whinge. The UK just doesn't cater for people travelling with a suitcase whatsoever. 5 hours kip on a plane is pretty good going by my standards. I think the prospect of Mr Dangly seeing Mrs ORM might be getting the better of me. :smile:

And another whinge. The UK just doesn't cater for people travelling with a suitcase whatsoever. 5 hours kip on a plane is pretty good going by my standards. I think the prospect of Mr Dangly seeing Mrs ORM might be getting the better of me. :smile:

:hilarious: Way too much information before I've had my porridge.

Yea go easy on her she hasnt had it for 3/4 days.

Forget dissing Southend. 15 min waiting for a Hammersmith and City tube with next to no mobile connection reminds me in an instant why the UK is falling behind the rest of the world. Only the UK could be surrounded by water yet use fresh water to flush toilets. Only the UK could fail to stem the leaks of water which means you now have a water shortage. All the short term measures over the last few years have failed to lower water wastage. Money would have been far better spent and cheaper overhauling entire infrastructure.

Still, just at Liv St. Will be back in Southend in an hour or so. The nearer I get the more excited I am ! ORM's back (if only for 10 days)

Why the **** were you waiting for a Hammersmith & City tube? Unless it's the train at the platform, it's never the quickest way to go.

It's bloody tourists like you who don't know what they are doing or where they are going that blight the lives of regular commuters.

I bet you were blocking everyone with your suitcase as well. People like you make me sick.

Why the **** were you waiting for a Hammersmith & City tube? Unless it's the train at the platform, it's never the quickest way to go.

It's bloody tourists like you who don't know what they are doing or where they are going that blight the lives of regular commuters.

I bet you were blocking everyone with your suitcase as well. People like you make me sick.

Because, old chap, having departed from the Heathrow Express I was then looking to get to Liverpool Street. Seeing as the Hammersmith & City Line entrance is right next to it this seemed the optimum thing to do, especially considering the alternative is to walk the length of the platform to get a so called "Circle Line" train which is a true circle no more and requires changing at Edgware Road, almost certainly for a Hammersmith & City Line train unless lucky and finding a Circle starting from Edgware Road on the clockwise loop.

Jeez, these locals, filling the tourists with bum information eh ? :omg:

:smile:

Oh and for the record at 6am this morning there were about 4 people on the platform which may have doubled by the time the tube finally arrived

Because, old chap, having departed from the Heathrow Express I was then looking to get to Liverpool Street. Seeing as the Hammersmith & City Line entrance is right next to it this seemed the optimum thing to do, especially considering the alternative is to walk the length of the platform to get a so called "Circle Line" train which is a true circle no more and requires changing at Edgware Road, almost certainly for a Hammersmith & City Line train unless lucky and finding a Circle starting from Edgware Road on the clockwise loop.

Oh and for the record at 6am this morning there were about 4 people on the platform which may have doubled by the time the tube finally arrived

Which was probably enough for the train to be overcrowded!

Er, why are you taking the Heathrow Express if you were heading to Liverpool Street?

Take the tube and change at Holborn. It's a more frequent service and is not only much cheaper but in practice usually works out quicker as well.

Heathrow Express to Paddington 15 mins, Paddington to Liv St 20 mins. It takes an age just to walk between Piccadilly and Central lines at Holborn the prospect of which, with a suitcase, laptop bag and duty free goody bag didn't appeal much to me at 530am this morning . The tube journey from Heathrow to Holborn also takes an eternity. I'll take the extra 15 pounds for the comfort (and if things run smoothly) massive time saving thanks

Back