• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Film of the summer: Indy vs Batman

Simple Indy or Batman

• Total voters
Shamelessly stolen from a guy on another board:

indysucksuh9.jpg

And on reflection, I too have realised it was pretty much utter pony.

Still, it's not like this whole thing was just an elaborate way for Lucas to do a spin off set of films involving Shia Le Beouf as the lead anyway. Was it?

For those of you lucky *******s in Southend who want to see The Dark Knight 2 days earlier than the rest of Europe and get some free poster thingy, head here for your tickets:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=22838

Got an IMAX Preview night seat myself, and am verging on hysteria in my wait for this one. All the early reviews are pointing at this being the Godfather / Empire Strikes Back of superhero films.

Last edited:
Why oh why oh why isn't it next week yet?

I feel like Cartman in that South Park episode where he desperately wants the Wii to come out and has to freeze himself rather than wait any longer.

Anyone seen the new South Park?

ahahaha.

just watched it! absolutely amazing, they've taken their level of extreme to a whole new level!

definitely glad i voted for Batman!!!!!

"stop shooting people in the d*ck!"

Batman all day long .

Talking of indian jones ,office experiment concludes that its virtually impossible to hum indian jones followed by star wars , follwed by Superman straight after each other :unsure:

just watched it! absolutely amazing, they've taken their level of extreme to a whole new level!

I love Matt Stone & Trey Parker. You just know that those guys have been thinking about this all summer getting angrier and angrier all the time.

The 'rape' reveal was amazing.

Without telling me too much, was it good? This is supposedly the last ever series I read somewhere, is this right?

After your advice Cam, I've now bought Series 4, 5 and 6 with 7 on the way. I'll go back and buy 1 & 2 at some point (but I know them off by heart from the good old VHS days). Was Series 3 any good? I saw a couple and don't remember them being that outstanding? If not, I'll carry onwards and upwards.

Saw "Scott Tenorman must die" & "Cartmanland" for the first time ever the other day. That was a very good day.

Seen both. Indy was lightweight hokum, with a ridiculous ending. Batman was very dark, but with a quite mesmerising performance from Heath Ledger.

The Dark Knight wins comfortably.

:)

Without telling me too much, was it good? This is supposedly the last ever series I read somewhere, is this right?

Absolutely not - they're signed up for at least another three years and I doubt they'll stop there. South Park is a cash cow for Comedy Central and Matt & Trey clearly love making it and are getting better all the time,. The Simpson's were well past their peak by this stage yet South Park just gets better and better.

As for this episode, the IGN review said that it "went beyond offensive and into some sort of hyper-offensive stratosphere". So thats a 'yes' then.

Last edited:
Absolutely not - they're signed up for at least another three years and I doubt they'll stop there. South Park is a cash cow for Comedy Central and Matt & Trey clearly love making it and are getting better all the time,. The Simpson's were well past their peak by this stage yet South Park just gets better and better.

As for this episode, the IGN review said that it "went beyond offensive and into some sort of hyper-offensive stratosphere". So thats a 'yes' then.

I don't know why I gave up on the show all those years ago. I expect it was due to Channel 4 not showing it anymore. At the moment, nothing else is getting a look in on my DVD player.

At this rate, I'll have caught up with the new series by 2010

Back