• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Film remakes

Yes I agree the Hills have eyes was as good as the original. Both great movies.

I think the Bourne Identity was also a remake. If so I haven't seen the original but the newer version is certainly top notch!

The Nutty Professor was very different to Flubber so hard to compare. Hard pushed to think of any films I like that have been remade well - Johnny Depp's spin on Willy Wonka was very different to Gene Wilder's for instance. Itching to see the remake of Dambusters when it comes out though. What's the one where the mother and daughter swap bodies, Jamie Lee Curtis was in one of them, the remake for that wasn't too bad.

Loads. The Maltese Falcon by John Huston with Bogie was better than the original. The Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis was better than the 1960 original. A Fistful of Dollars was better than the Japanese original. The Ten Commandments by Demille in the 50s was better than his first effort 30 years before. And of course, Muppet's Treasure Island is miles better than Treasure Island.

Back