• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that have scared you

When I saw the Blair Witch I wondered if I was watching the same film as the rest of the audience who were literally ******** a brick, and the Exorcist just made me laugh, however I'm not ashamed to say I'm still getting the shivers at some of the scenes in Paranormal Activity and there's a scene in the (probably) straight to video Exorcist 3 where a "ghost" scoots across an empty hallway which I probably watched over 20 years ago that sticks in my memory.

So be honest now, fess up!

Blair Witch scared me . I like films where the 'horror' is left to the imagination . I used to do a lot of camping so found it very easy to put myself in their shoes. Very clever as it didn't rely on very loud music which it what makes people jump in lots of horrors.

Amityville horror - first time I watched it. There is something about the shape of the house and the music which I really connected with

I know what you mean, films like Old Boy **** me up way more than any horror could.

agreed, Old Boy is some ****ed up ****!

great film though

Oldboy.jpg

Don't really get scared by horror flicks to be honest, but one film that always stuck in my mind was IT.

Saw it when I was about 11, and thats the closest I've come to be scared at a film. When I watch it now though, can't believe it spooked me.

Never really been scared watching a film, it's not real and my brain knows that. However, when watching What Lies Beneath, there is a part where Michelle Pfeiffer is in the bath and suddenly changes silver for a second, taking on the image of Harrison Ford's dead wife. It made me jump, probably one of the only times I ever have, and for quite a non scary moment I was surprised.

That bit of the film made me jump too, it wasn't scary but totally unexpected!

Another vote for REC. Genuinely scary throughout.
Also some classics like the Shining and the Exorcist.

Oh loads. I love a good scare.

The Shining (the twins, the river of blood)
The Exorcist (the whole concept)
Halloween (Proper slash horror)
Salem's Lot (hovering at the window)
Don't Look Now (very unsettling)
Psycho (The ending)
The Birds (the bit at the school)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the chase at the end)
Southend United season 2006/7 Season Highlights

The scene in 'The Omen' where it's revealed that there's a jackal in Damien's mother's grave is the only one that really gave me the shi-ites.

The scene in 'The Omen' where it's revealed that there's a jackal in Damien's mother's grave is the only one that really gave me the shi-ites.

Ooh good one. I like the build up to that with the blind priest. Another one - in The Others, when the old lady's playing with the dolls.

Oh and el Orfanato (Spanish film) is quite spooky.

The original version of The Vanishing (Spoorloos) is the scariest thing I've ever seen. I was so freaked when I saw it that, despite being exhausted (it being 2.00 a.m. when the film finished), I had to watch two hours of Jerry Springer just to calm down...!

:thump:

I came in to post this. Absolutely terrifying and I couldn't get it ouf my head for months.

The Omen and Carrie were both pretty scary at the time. It's not a genre I watch these days if I can help it.

The Hills have Eyes, the original version was pretty scary to.

Back