• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that have scared you

jaws.jpg
Jaws - even if the shark looks naff now. And the first 45 minutes or so of Aliens where I practically pood myself - the tension is unbearable. When you see the whole of the aliens later in the film the tension slacks off considerably. The scariest TV moment that I remember from being a kid was an episode of "Tales of the Unexpected" where someone hears a creaking noise and goes up through a trap door into a loft to see a nun with no face in a rocking chair.

Last edited:
Same with Watership Down, I shat myself at the ghost rabbit when Art Garfunkel sings Bright Eyes.

ZOMG you've just uncovered a repressed memory. Yeah that was absolutely terrifying.

Also when I was a child I remember watching the 'Ghost dream sequence' in Fiddler on the Roof and completely messed myself. I really didnt want to go to bed that night.

Edit: Here it is, Tevye's dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o2g...A4F1996A&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=28

Mind you i was also scared of the 'Old phantom raspberry blower of old London town' by the 2 Ronnies.

How will I sleep tonight?

Last edited:
ZOMG you've just uncovered a repressed memory. Yeah that was absolutely terrifying.

Also when I was a child I remember watching the 'Ghost dream sequence' in Fiddler on the Roof and completely messed myself. I really didnt want to go to bed that night.

Mind you i was also scared of the 'Old phantom raspberry blower of old London town' by the 2 Ronnies.

How will I sleep tonight?

And how about the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? :O

And how about the Child Catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang? :O

*Screams and runs away*

Picture the scene, we always used to holiday down in Margate during the mid to late '70's. This one particular summer was absolutely glorious so I'm guessing it was '76. We were staying in a massive old creepy house with a veranda. That house always creaked in a strange fashion and it felt eery at the best of times.

It was the last day of our summer holidays and the weather turned more and more inclement. That evening we had the mother of all thunderstorms and guess what was on telly? Yep you've guessed it. I had no sleep at all that night due to this freak!

e69m6d.jpg

When I was a mere slip of a lad many moons ago my parents let me watch a film called 'Buried Alive' I kid you not it caused me nightmares for months afterwards, truly terrifying nightmares. As a six or seven year old my old bedroom door used to look down the landing hallway that had the attic entrance in the ceiling. With it being an old house with loose tiles on the roof the wind used to whistle through that attic and make the old wooden attic door raise and lower all by itself. This, coupled together with the nightmares that the film had caused, literally sent me into a spiral of psychological turmoil which took months to slowly heal. Regardless of how scared I was I remember laying there night after night, peeping with squinting eyes from just above the covers waiting for that attic door to move for no apparent reason and guaranteed the moment it did all hell would break loose and I'd be soiling the sheets and screaming for someone to believe me.

Anyway, not all down to the film I grant you but it was certainly the catalyst, and possibly the reason why I'm still considered a little 'touched' by some of my friends :)

Phil

Same with Watership Down, I shat myself at the ghost rabbit when Art Garfunkel sings Bright Eyes.

HAHAHA, to this day Watership Down stills ****s me up. What an off-key film, and it's aimed at kids?!?!.

General Woundswart scared the **** out of me as a kid

attack.jpg

Last edited:
Armchair Thrillers and Tales of the Unexpected were always good to watch with some good stories and interesting twists and turns.

jaws.jpg
Jaws - even if the shark looks naff now. And the first 45 minutes or so of Aliens where I practically pood myself - the tension is unbearable. When you see the whole of the aliens later in the film the tension slacks off considerably. The scariest TV moment that I remember from being a kid was an episode of "Tales of the Unexpected" where someone hears a creaking noise and goes up through a trap door into a loft to see a nun with no face in a rocking chair.

'you're gonna need a bigger boat'....just love that part of the film. The scene set so well and the look on Brody's face is classic, like he has shat his pants.

Last edited:
RobM's son said that he would write a post about Ghostbusters, but his dad wouldn't let him watch it when he was 46.

Scariest film by far. I remember the first time I saw it (I was about 8 years old) I had nightmares for weeks.

Tales of the Unexpected is also a good shout. The very first episode where the guy gambles his car against cutting off someones finger with a meat cleaver was terrifying...the scene at the end with the woman where she only had a thumb and one finger is something I'll never forget.

Back