• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that have scared you

MK Shrimper

Striker
When I saw the Blair Witch I wondered if I was watching the same film as the rest of the audience who were literally ******** a brick, and the Exorcist just made me laugh, however I'm not ashamed to say I'm still getting the shivers at some of the scenes in Paranormal Activity and there's a scene in the (probably) straight to video Exorcist 3 where a "ghost" scoots across an empty hallway which I probably watched over 20 years ago that sticks in my memory.

So be honest now, fess up!

The was a film I saw when I was about 13 which I don't know the name of that gave me nightmares for a couple of weeks.

But apart from that films don't scare me.

I dont ever get scared by a film, but I jump at the drop of a hat, but thats more due to the sound etc.

Saw Paranormal activity the other night and didnt think there was anything at all scary in it, unless doors opening are scary.

To be honest playing Resident Evil on the playstation in the dark was scarier than any movie!

The was a film I saw when I was about 13 which I don't know the name of that gave me nightmares for a couple of weeks.

But apart from that films don't scare me.

Blimey! Remind me not to watch that one then.

The Exorcist when it first came out and the first Alien spring to mind.If you saw these later in life I doubt they would of been so scary but in the 70's they were for sure.

The original version of The Vanishing (Spoorloos) is the scariest thing I've ever seen. I was so freaked when I saw it that, despite being exhausted (it being 2.00 a.m. when the film finished), I had to watch two hours of Jerry Springer just to calm down...!

:thump:

The original version of The Vanishing (Spoorloos) is the scariest thing I've ever seen. I was so freaked when I saw it that, despite being exhausted (it being 2.00 a.m. when the film finished), I had to watch two hours of Jerry Springer just to calm down...!

:thump:

Good call, 'tis unsettling indeed.

Never really been scared watching a film, it's not real and my brain knows that. However, when watching What Lies Beneath, there is a part where Michelle Pfeiffer is in the bath and suddenly changes silver for a second, taking on the image of Harrison Ford's dead wife. It made me jump, probably one of the only times I ever have, and for quite a non scary moment I was surprised.

I remember running home as fast as I could from a friends house after watching an American Werewolf in London when I was young. Couldn't sleep properly for days!!

Recently a film that made me a little jumpy was "THEM" based on a true story. A French film with subtitles but well worth viewing i.m.o.

Like others have said, i don't really get fazed by films tbh. Having said that, anybody who has seen [Rec.] (the spanish version) will testify the end scene (where all they have is the night vision mode, and they are in that room) is pretty decent. Not so much scary, but exhilirating.

Ils, set in Romania.

It's not at all true!

It claims to be based on a True story (I know many do) and to be honest I could well believe it to be true. It's not your normal type of horror film and if any of you have seen it I expect you would also believe it could be very real.

I don't normally get scared easily but this as I said I thought was one jumpy movie.

A few details here....Although may be read after watching as it has "Spoilers"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465203/trivia

Last edited:
yep the end of [rec] is pretty scary. also the original Ring freaked me out

I remember being damn scared watching From Beyond back in the 80's, though I was only about 12 or 13 at the time. Doubt it will be so scary now!

It claims to be based on a True story (I know many do) and to be honest I could well believe it to be true. It's not your normal type of horror film and if any of you have seen it I expect you would also believe it could be very real.

I don't normally get scared easily but this as I said I thought was one jumpy movie.

I think it's based vaguely on the murders of a couple at a holiday home in Austria. Not a bad film indeed, recently on t'googlebox.

Back