• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that you have seen that you felt were totally overated

BALDY

Striker
Well in my case "The Last Picture Show" It is very highly regarded..I went to see it and it is such a boring film.
How I reached the ending is still totally beyond me!!

Over to you.....

Fellini's 81/2 a load of overated boredom.
Blow Up a load of Bull.
The General (Buster Keaton) an outdated so called comedy.

How about some of the strange French new wave films that the reviewers rave about?

Well in my case "The Last Picture Show" It is very highly regarded..I went to see it and it is such a boring film.
How I reached the ending is still totally beyond me!!

Over to you.....
Sorry how on earth you can say The Last Picture Show is " boring" I really don't know.One thing I would perhaps agree with you about is that a lot depends on your age when you first saw the film (although you don't actually mention this).I first saw TLPS when in first came out (in 1973 IRRC) -I've seen it many times since on DVD..Back in 73 I was a student so not much older than many of the film's young cast.The book on which it's based by Larry Mcmurtry is also gives an excellent coming of age description of young kids in a small Texas town.Also who can forget Sam the Lion?

Last edited:
Not a film but for me breaking bad is massively overrated. It's not bad but some people put it up with the best TV series ever made, when it is pretty average

Fellini's 81/2 a load of overated boredom.
Blow Up a load of Bull.
The General (Buster Keaton) an outdated so called comedy.
Being as it was made 96 years ago, a silent film and in black and white of course The General is outdated by today’s standards. Btw, it’s not meant to be a rip-roaring comedy….or did you not realise….

Back