• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films that you have seen that you felt were totally overated

1.There used to be a cult for quoting lines from the film.Never been part of a group like that..Seen the same thing with Pulp Fiction.Thought that was rather sad too.

It's not sad that people like things and can identify other fans from quoting lines from things they like.

It's sad that you feel it's sad. Almost snobbish in fact. Let people enjoy things how they want to enjoy them.

It's not sad that people like things and can identify other fans from quoting lines from things they like.

It's sad that you feel it's sad. Almost snobbish in fact. Let people enjoy things how they want to enjoy them.*
You sound like someone who might have been quoting lines form Pulp Fiction in a group sometime.LOL :Winking:

* You'll remember that it was Groucho Marx who said he wouldn't want to be part of any club that would accept him as a member.

Last edited:

It's sad that you feel it's sad. Almost snobbish in fact. Let people enjoy things how they want to enjoy them.
We should be building bridges - not walls.

There are various reasons why people want to be part of groups.Most groups exist to exclude other people from their membership while at the same time making group members feel better about themselves.The Nazis knew this very well.(Not that I'm suggesting for a moment that you're a Nazi). :Winking:

"Les Diabolique" is totally amazing---11Hitchcock missed out on this film by 30 minutes.
"Four Hundred Blows"
German new version "All Quiet On The Western Front"
Some of Bergman's films.
2.Lots of Hollywood films (well you did say foreign lol)

Silent Laurel and Hardy selling Christmas trees in the summer.

·.I am not a Chaplin fan but I enjoyed the bio pic.
The Laurel and Hardy bio pic was also very good.

Been thinking about this.1.Should really dig out my Hitch boxset (upstairs) but offhand I'd say that The Lodger was about the earliest of his silent films that I really enjoyed.Good call though as Hitch's long career sraddled both the silent era & "talkies".He (and his scriptwriter wife were very interested in Geman expressionist cinema in his silent period.

2.Think I meant foreign Language films lol.

3.I liked both the Chaplin and Laurel and Hardy biopics too but neither are silent movies (as you well know).

As Chuck Berry once sang "You Never Can Tell"
  • This song tells the story of a teenage couple getting married and staying together. Many of Berry's songs are written from the perspective of young people, but this one even takes a dig at the older generation: "'C'est la vie,' say the old folks," Berry sings. ("C'est la vie'" is French for "That's life").

• This song tells the story of a teenage couple getting married and staying together. Many of Berry's songs are written from the perspective of young people, but this one even takes a dig at the older generation: "'C'est la vie,' say the old folks," Berry sings. ("C'est la vie'" is French for "That's life").
Chuck was of course a nonce

How about Ed Wood's "Plan 9" and a much more recent film "The Room" both are so terrible that they are brilliant.

It took me 5 attempts to watch pulp fiction. I would see it on the tv and switch on and watch for 10 mins and think “ this is crap”. Then one day I got past 10 mins and carried on watching.
Now I can’t believe that I thought it was rubbish

It took me 5 attempts to watch pulp fiction. I would see it on the tv and switch on and watch for 10 mins and think “ this is crap”. Then one day I got past 10 mins and carried on watching.
Now I can’t believe that I thought it was rubbish
It is an excellent movie---a modern day classic with a great soundtrack.

Driving Miss Daisy….dire
Forrest Gump…….much preferred the (earlier) Being There with Peter Sellers

Anything with Steven Seagal or J-C Van Damme…..
Anything that has Erika Eliniak jumping out of a cake with not much on gets my vote

Back