• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Laputa: Castle In The Sky.

Never seen this Ghibli but picked it out this afternoon on Netflix. Cracking, darker than a lot of other Ghiblis. 8/10

Saw Withnail and I again earlier .Is this perhaps the best British film/comedy in the last 50 years?

Gets my vote I think.

Probably the most overrated British film in 50 years. Not helped by the fact that Richard E Grant is unwatchable

I'm all Right Jack and Get Carter are right up there but not that nonsense.

Probably the most overrated British film in 50 years. Not helped by the fact that Richard E Grant is unwatchable

On the contrary,it's one of those rare cult films that I liked from the very first time I saw it at the cinema on its release in 1987.Granted there's not much plot to speak of but the dialogue is cracking.

Completely agree. Cant understand the appeal.

In the last 50 years - Shaun of the Dead.

On the contrary,it's one of those rare cult films that I liked from the very first time I saw it at the cinema on its release in 1987.Granted there's not much plot to speak of but the dialogue is cracking.

If you like Peter Sellers then have a watch of Never let Go, its on youtube.

Plays a straight part of a violent London gangster but with a Mancunian accent.

Watched Gangster No.1 film last night on Film4, do not remember this film that was released in 2000, but enjoyed it.

Saw (1979´s) Life of Brian again last night.The perfect antidote to a lockdown and easily the best UK comedy film of the last 50 years.Aparently,A.Burgess used to watch it once a year.I can see why.

Last edited:
Revolver, Jason Stathem gangster thing, poor and over fixated with trying to out Taratino other films of similar topics.
I recorded it and watched it in 4 segments to see if it got better as it went on, BUT it didn't.

The Way, by Emilio Estevaz and featuring his father Martin Sheen.
Very good most of the time, some cliches.
Very little swearing, no violence or sex, just half a dozen main characters.

Back