• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I am legend - WTF were we thinking watching this again. Great performance by Will Smith and the dog though. 7/10

Always tell people my favorite film of all time is Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke. Haven't seen it for at least 20 years, but just remember it being really moody and atmospheric and very watchable..

It's a good 'un without a doubt. Lisa Bonet is one hot tamale :Smile:

Always tell people my favorite film of all time is Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke. Haven't seen it for at least 20 years, but just remember it being really moody and atmospheric and very watchable..

Good film though have no regard for Mickey Rourke as a person.

Just watched “ Jungle” on amazon prime with daniel Radcliffe.
I had never heard of it but it sounded interesting.
It’s a true story of a guy(s) who gets lost in the Amazon

Really impressed, well worth a watch, better than I expected. Make sure you watch the titles at the end.

Uplifting and sad at the same time

Has made me want to now go and google more about the main characters.

whoever recccomended KAJAKI ..

Thank you very much. Not easy but a proper watch ...

And dear Shrimpers a bit of a day for me as my book is coming out .. indie press etc
but if you are interested here it is ...

I am not sensitive so rip the **** or post a slagging onn Amazon ;-)

but enjoy .. it might make you think ..

View attachment 11847

Got a copy in my Amazon basket.Will order soon when I come across something else that also looks well worth a read.

Last edited:

Wonderful film.I always maintain that Alan Parker was chosen to direct Mississippi Burning, a few years later,on the strength of the deep South scenes in AH.

Pachamama - Animation set in the Andes at the time of the Spanish invasion. Very enjoyable - on Netflix. 7/10

Saw Some Like it Hot again last night.Billy Wilder's timeless comedy.Interestingly Catalan TV (TV3 ) came up with a poll,a few years ago, to rename it "Noboy's Perfect" (after the famous last line of the film).Certainly that was an improvement on the original Spanish title: "Con faldas y a lo loco."
which is/was fairly meaningless).Literally :-With skirts and being crazy" :-)

A Winter's tale -A burglar falls for an heiress as she dies in his arms. When he learns that he has the gift of reincarnation, he sets out to save her. Features Colin Farrell as the burglar, Jessica Brown Findlay as the heiress, Russell Crowe as a demon that raises him and Will Smith as Lucifer. It's not going to be every one's cup of tea, but after a slow start it developed into a captivating film full of charm and fantasy. Available on Netflix 8/10

Back