• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently, ideal for some ATM CV19

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen
Saw Some Like it Hot again last night.Billy Wilder's timeless comedy.Interestingly Catalan TV (TV3 ) came up with a poll,a few years ago, to rename it "Noboy's Perfect" (after the famous last line of the film).Certainly that was an improvement on the original Spanish title: "Con faldas y a lo loco."
which is/was fairly meaningless).Literally :-With skirts and being crazy" :-)

Rootshallbloke

Super Moderator
Staff member
A Winter's tale -A burglar falls for an heiress as she dies in his arms. When he learns that he has the gift of reincarnation, he sets out to save her. Features Colin Farrell as the burglar, Jessica Brown Findlay as the heiress, Russell Crowe as a demon that raises him and Will Smith as Lucifer. It's not going to be every one's cup of tea, but after a slow start it developed into a captivating film full of charm and fantasy. Available on Netflix 8/10

Ricey

Scott Forbes No.1 Fan
I am legend - WTF were we thinking watching this again. Great performance by Will Smith and the dog though. 7/10
I love the story about the dog. Will Smith fell in love with the dog and asked the owners how much it would take to buy the dog. Basically giving them a blank cheque and they said No amount of money would ever make them part with their dog.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen
Saw Billy Wilder's The Apartment again last night.Another timeless,bitter-sweet comey with wonderful dialogue.Can't quite work out how this picked up 5 oscars in 1960 and Some like it Hot 1959 (although nominated) didn't pick up a single gong.I suppose SLIH's themes of transvestism and the mafia had something to do with it.

KevinJH

Illudium Q-36 Operator
Two-thirds of the way through watching The Godfather trilogy. Still exceptional after pushing 50 (!) years.....

As an aside, one can see where James Caan's son in the Hawaii 5-0 TV series remake learnt his hammy acting from 🤔

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President
Two-thirds of the way through watching The Godfather trilogy. Still exceptional after pushing 50 (!) years.....

As an aside, one can see where James Caan's son in the Hawaii 5-0 TV series remake learnt his hammy acting from 🤔
I still watch 1 and 2 now and again. 3 is just O.K. in my opinion. The Godfather 1 is an absolute masterpiece.

As an aside, James Caan and Gianni Russo (playing the brother in law) had reel beef during filming. They hated each other and were both tough guys in real life. During the beating scene, Caan threw a real billy club, heavy bit of wood that hit Russo on the head. Russo also ended up with a chipped elbow, and 2 broken ribs. He said some of the body punches were real. Caan also added an extra real kick into the scene. They never spoke in real life after. But Russo went on to become a real Mafia associate, mainly picking up or delivering parcels of money.

Last edited:

united we stand

Life President
Sinister- decent horror film, not great, not rubbish. Made me scared ( wife laughed).
Would recommend if you like that type of film

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen
Saw Young Frankenstein again last night.My favourite Mel Brooks film (Sorry to Blazing Saddles and Producers fans) but YF is not only an affectionate hommage to John Whale's Frankenstein but also a wonderful satire in its own right.

Last edited:

Cultist of Sooty

Social Distance Warrior
Saw Young Frankenstein again last night.My favourite Mel Brooks film (Sorry to Blazing Saddles and Producers fans) but YF is not only an affectionate hommage to John Whale's Frankenstein but also a wonderful satire in its own right.
I adore Young Frankenstein. I have one good friend who cannot resist the "Where wolf?" routine. Next time I get to see her, after all this is over, I'll have to give her the feed line for it.

And Some Like It Hot is one of my comfort movies for whenever I'm feeling down or under the weather. It's usually either that or Miller's Crossing.

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen
I adore Young Frankenstein. I have one good friend who cannot resist the "Where wolf?" routine. Next time I get to see her, after all this is over, I'll have to give her the feed line for it.

And Some Like It Hot is one of my comfort movies for whenever I'm feeling down or under the weather. It's usually either that or Miller's Crossing.
"Where wolf?

There wolf.There castle.

Why are you talking like that?

I thought you wanted to."

Has to be some Marx Brothers tonight I think.Duck Soup beckons.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill
Re-watched Dog Soldiers the other weekend, still a great film !

Also watched a film called A Quiet Place, unusual horror film as most of the scenes are silent. The 2nd film (not yet seen) seems to explains how the creatures came to be...

Cultist of Sooty

Social Distance Warrior
"Where wolf?

There wolf.There castle.

Why are you talking like that?

I thought you wanted to."

Has to be some Marx Brothers tonight I think.Duck Soup beckons.
"Don't look now, but there's one man too many in this room, and I think it's you."

They did a season of Marx Brothers films at the BFI a few years ago. It was great!