• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Watched a couple of Bergmans as a Max Von Sydow tribute. THE SEVENTH SEAL remains a very powerful film with some unforgettable images. SHAME, about the impact of war in an unnamed European country and its effect on a reclusive couple whose characters become completely changed by circumstances. MVS again and Liv Ullman give remarkable performances. Two examples of film making elevated to great art.

Film Stars don't die in Liverpool - Annete Benning plays film noir actress Gloria Grahame in her last days with her younger beau Jamie Bell. Jolly fine film, bit of a weepy. 8/10

It was on BBC2 last night, so maybe on Iplayer.

Saw John Cleese Live:The Alimony Tour 2011 again last night.He's due here on the 13th April. We have tickets but can't say I'm too hopeful since the extended lockdown here is due to finish on 11th april.We'll see I suppose.

Only Yesterday - Another Ghibli I've not seen. Very adult and grown up, slow and not a lot happens but still top drawer. 7/10

Watched The 5th Element last night, not a clue what was going on but Bruce Willis his usual all-action self

Watched The 5th Element last night, not a clue what was going on but Bruce Willis his usual all-action self

Easily in my top 3 all time films, I know the film line for line and makes me laugh. May have to dig it out in the current circumstances

Rise of Skywalker- Only watched about half of it but it's really bad. Not sure I can be arsed with the rest, 1/10

Poe is only marginally less irritating than Jar Jar Binks.

Watched the rest this morning - the second half is better so I'll up it to 4/10.

Last edited:
The Book of Eli - Wasn't sure about it at first but Denzil Washington made sure that I finished it highly impressed. 8/10

This thread can go into the main chat for now to.. as it comes up with some great films etc, especially needed atm.

Back