• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

The Beatles: 8 days a week.

Fascinating doc on the Fab 4 on their early touring years. My god, they were worked like dogs by Epstein and in Hamburg. It's no wonder they became so incredibly good - the greatest band ever and will ever be.

It's on More4 if you fancy it.

Wilson. Adapted from the graphic novel by the original author Daniel Clowes (Ghost World), stars Woody Harrelson as the grumpy title character as he looks for meaning in his life. A dark comedic look at life. 7/10

Lady Bird. Coming of age movie with some funny moments and some very touching moments, Saoirse Ronan's performance reminded me of some of her director, Greta Gerwig's. Apparently the movie made a lot of people call their mum's, god knows why as I did not like Lady Bird's mother, hyper critical & seemingly intent on not supporting her daughter's dreams. A great little lower budget drama. 8/10

Get Out.
Very hard to categorise, not strictly speaking a horror (which is probably why I liked it), elements of drama, thriller and social satire. Very engaging, not a dull moment. 8.5/10

The Darkest Hour - UNMISSABLE- not even going to rate it. One of the finest films I’ve seen ever. I hadn’t seen any previews, just watched it here on impulse. Pretty much dialogue all the way and not for one minute did I look at my watch.

Yes watched it last week. Perhaps our team and fans should go for a ride on the Tube and have a chat...Or at least watch that scene.

Last edited:
The Darkest Hour - UNMISSABLE- not even going to rate it. One of the finest films I’ve seen ever. I hadn’t seen any previews, just watched it here on impulse. Pretty much dialogue all the way and not for one minute did I look at my watch.

Agreed. Apart from the story, the acting was amazing. It was like watching Churchill himself and really brought history to life. It looks like part of it was also filmed at the cabinet war rooms in London which is an amazing place that I would recommend everyone to visit.

Yes watched it last week. Perhaps our team and fans should go for a ride on the Tube and have a chat...Or at least watch that scene.

Agreed. Apart from the story, the acting was amazing. It was like watching Churchill himself and really brought history to life. It looks like part of it was also filmed at the cabinet war rooms in London which is an amazing place that I would recommend everyone to visit.

I'm reminded of Lincoln's comment that:- '"People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like."

However,having said that, I'll put my predjudice aside and go and see it some time.The trailer looked excellent as did Gary Oldman (who I've always liked).

The list of classic films I haven't seen is very long indeed - too long to be honest. But glad to have finally ticked this one off, really enjoyable.

Which begs the question, who has stared in more Hitchcock films than anybody else?

Back