• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Isle of Dogs. Wes Anderson. Stop Motion. Splendid. 9/10

Split. Pretty good, excellent stuff from McAvoy. 7.5/10

The Phantom Thread. Not what I was expecting at all, a twisted love story not my typical type of film but i liked it. Beautifully shot. 8/10

Homesiter, Tommy Lee Jones western, acts and directs. Very very good. 9/10
Unusual story, very well shot, dark and broody.
TLJ, at his best.

Avengers: Infinity War. The Russo brothers had a ludicrous number of characters to balance, not to mention making it accessible enough for novices to the mcu, and they pulled it off. Thanos is the best villain we've had, and it's really his movie more than the Avengers. 9/10

The treatment. This is in flemish and deals with child abuse and abduction. Some very disturbing and upsetting scenes. Do not watch this film with children about. I give it a 8/10 but would only watch it once. And I mean it, do not let children watch it, any of it.

You Were Never Really Here - Art house & Hollywood thriller get mixed up in a blender. It's alright. 6/10

Watched Dancing with Wolves last night forgot what a very good film it is .

Rampage.

The rock taking on a giant wolf, alligator and gorilla.

Ludicrously far fetched and pretty poor tbh.

5 out of 10

Game Night - Jason Bateman & Rachel MacAdams hold a weekly game night which gets a bit out of hand. Funny it parts, loses its way towards the end but a worthwhile watch. 8/10

Call me by your name

9/10

amazing film with a powerful ending. The setting and location is stunning. It might put you off munching apricots for a while though! Definitely deserves the plaudits it’s received and the three male leads in particular are all fantastic.

Infinity War : 9/10 - Thanos was awesome, Marvel have had problems getting the villains right but here and in Black Panther they managed to flesh them out and even though he was a giant cgi character, they actually managed to make you understand and care about his motivations, albeit that he's basically "Space Hitler".

Deadpool II : 8/10 - Similar to Avengers in that the trailer is perhaps a little misleading as to the plot but nonetheless I really enjoyed it. Not all of the jokes land but there was one part I was laughing out loud in the cinema, which is something I can't remember doing in a long time. Great stuff post-credits as well. :smile:

Back