• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

You seem to hate the movie
but you come from Milton Keynes
It seems to me you're lacking
All the really worthwhile scenes
From MK down to Southend
You often watch some grot
And having read your ratings
You've watched a ****ing lot.
Allez, Allez, Allez.

If only I could think of something to rhyme with historically incorrect vomit inducing sanctamonious drivel. :raspberry:

We should do Battle of the Musicals. That would surely be a first on any football supporting board evs. :smile:

The Dirty Dozen, for the umpteenth time. Perfect bank holiday fare and every time I watch it, I think Jefferson will make it. Maybe next time.

Atomic Blonde. 7.5 / 10

Despite it's crap name it was a half decent cold war spy / action / thriller, with a few plot twists. Also has some classic 80's tunes thrown in.
It was based on the novel "The coldest City". (never read it myself).
If you enjoyed watching the TV series Deutschland 83, this might be right up your "Strasse".

Sing Street. An Irish younger version of The Commitments. Quite funny in parts and not a bad sound track. Worth a watch.

Love, Simon.

Teenage drama with young lad struggling to come out to his friends & family. Smashing film. :thumbsup:

9/10

'Small Town Story' on DVD. This is a 1952 British film with a football club setting, which makes it almost unique. Stars future wrestling commentator and 'Cool for Cats' tv show presenter Kent Walton as a Canadian who plays for fictional Oldchester United and gets lured to Arsenal as part of a plot to deprive his club of a large bequest. Ridiculous plot, appalling acting but notable for plenty of well filmed football sequences, famous commentator Raymond Glendenning and most of all, Denis Compton playing himself, featuring as both cricketer and Arsenal player. There's a priceless sequence where, after a net session, he relaxes in a chair with our hero, and has a well earned fag break. Made with the help of Arsenal, Millwall and Hayes fcs, it's a terrible film, but priceless social document of an era.

Cargo - Australian zombie flick, starring our own Martin Freeman. Very bleak, but an excellent film. Available on Netflix and I highly recommend it.

Back