• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Rewatched La La Land over the weekend as mum was up (and we don't want any sex or language thankyou) and it's still wonderful (cue Barna moaning about the jazz.....:Dizzy:)....and sort of watched Sweet Country (hard hitting Australian film about the mis-treatment of the native population by old whitefellas). Whilst it revels in the beauty of the Aussie Outback it's a bit slow going and arty.

Rewatched La La Land over the weekend as mum was up (and we don't want any sex or language thankyou) and it's still wonderful (cue Barna moaning about the jazz.....:Dizzy:)....and sort of watched Sweet Country (hard hitting Australian film about the mis-treatment of the native population by old whitefellas). Whilst it revels in the beauty of the Aussie Outback it's a bit slow going and arty.

Damm right.Mingus played on vinyl is the only jazz worthy of the name,in the film,which is a pity as I also saw the director's previously nominated Oscar film,which did contain some excellent jazz.

Incredibles 2. Jolly good fun, and Jack-Jack is hilarious. Better than the first and that was great. A tad overlong maybe? 9/10

Duck Duck Goose - mildly entertaining kids cartoon. Lots of bum, poo and fart jokes but one scene was entirely inappropriate for a kids film - but it's over in a flash. 6/10

Free State of Jones (2016 shown on BBC2) : quite an eye-opening story based on actual events during and following the American Civil War that rolls directly into the realms of racial (in)equality in the deep south. Covered a particularly sensitive subject that's as important today as it was then. It wasn't a box-office success but then having no Marvel characters in it...... Well worth a watch :Winking:

Last edited:
L'Assassino (1961)
Italian crime drama, not a must-see film, but very good indeed. I'd recommend it to fans of '60s European cinema or anyone who likes Marcello Mastroianni who carries the entire film (he must be on screen for 95% of its running time) with an excellent performance. 7/10

Free State of Jones (2016 shown on BBC2) : quite an eye-opening story based on actual events during and following the American Civil War that rolls directly into the realms of racial (in)equality in the deep south. Covered a particularly sensitive subject that's as important today as it was then. It wasn't a box-office success but then having no Marvel characters in it...... Well worth a watch :Winking:
I saw that as well, really interesting and not something I was aware off,got me looking up the true story the next day

Last edited:
Been away with work this week so watched a couple of films in the evenings.

Sicario 2 - 6/10 not a patch on the first and unrelenting in many ways, but it's a pretty interesting and dark film with a couple of standout moments

Mission Impossible: Fallout - 7/10 - Plot is complete bobbins but a few set pieces that are absolutely jawdroppingly stunning. If you like action films then worth seeing at a cinema.

Ghost Story - British film that tells the story of cynic Andy Nyman having his spiritual doubts questioned. Bit of a mixed bag and not at all scary. 6/10

Free State of Jones - Caught up with this on on BBC i Player. Thought it was going to bomb, I was wrong. Cracking film based on a true story. 8/10

L'Avventura (1961)
Antonioni film about a girl who disappears on a boat trip off the coast of Italy, except it ends up not really being about her disappearance at all. Not a lot happens - I'm usually OK with that, but at two and a half hours long the sections where the least is happening becomes a bit of a test after a while. That said it's beautifully shot, and Monica Vitti is utterly mesmerising. 6.5/10

Back