• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

They shall not grow old- on bbc2 last night. Unbelievably good. The colour and audio really brought everything to life in a way no other ww1 footage has

Caught up with this last night with my 89yr old mum, who's dad and uncles were there. Her dad (my grandad who I never met) dug graves for the dead, so who knows, he may of been on the screen. Remarkable film and some of the comments post-war were truly staggering.

If you're visiting Barna before the end of March 2019 it's worth having a look at the CCCB Stanely Kubrick exhibition (free on Sunday afternoons).All of his major films are being shown there on big screens plus there's a host of SK related artifacts to see and read about.

Last edited:
Caught up with this last night with my 89yr old mum, who's dad and uncles were there. Her dad (my grandad who I never met) dug graves for the dead, so who knows, he may of been on the screen. Remarkable film and some of the comments post-war were truly staggering.

Saw this earlier too.Not usually a fan of colourisation in films but thought it was justified here in what was a moving and impressive piece of work.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. At times achingly slow (and dark and awkwardly quiet) at others confusing, but there was an interesting story in there somewhere. Newt and his monsters were fun and endearing again, Jonny Depp was surprisingly good villain mainly because he wasn't too "Jonny Depp", and a good turn by Jude Law. 6.5/10

Robin Hood (yeah another new one!) - 5.5/10
Not bad, a bit on the modern side and very far fetched if you are to believe this is set at the time of the crusades. Arrows seem to make the noise of bullets and shells and it feels more like a modern day operation to Iraq or Afghan. It is a 12A though, so think it is designed for a younger audience and I reckon a 12 yr old me would have loved it.

Dug out 'Singing in the Rain' again at the weekend. Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor were absolutely brilliant (yet again). O'Connor's performance of 'Make 'em Laugh' should be compulsory viewing for comedy and timing. One of those films I never tire of watching.

If you're visiting Barna before the end of March 2019 it's worth having a look at the CCCB Stanely Kubrick exhibition (free on Sunday afternoons).All of his major films are being shown there on big screens plus there's a host of SK related artifacts to see and read about.

His best work was the moon landings but I bet they wont show that.

That's a good idea. Where would you suggest, Milton Keynes perhaps....the place of reality.

Anywhere Rigsby. Try the seafront, a nice walk from Chalkwell to Shoeburyness. The Internet Forums you no doubt spend your life on are full of lies.

Hook? Hook rhymes with Crook and the CIA is full of crooks trying to oppress us by undermining Brexit and Donald Trump. He is also a rock musician who uses his evil tunes to manipulate the gullible fools who believe the Main Stream Media that warp our lives it has been proved that Blue Monday was a recording designed by George Soros to implant the ideas for the fake moon landings and 9/11 - they all happened on Mondays in months that are identified with the colour blue which is also the colour of George Soros' eyes and the colour of the car that President Kennedy was in when he was assassinated by the CIA in cahoots with Jeremy Corbin and Jean Claude Junker who are actually both Lizard People created in a secret genetic experiment involving the cross breeding of aliens found at Rosberg who were captured and experimented on in Area 42 in Nevada, the Lizard people have infiltrated the whole world for instance music - Area 42/Level 42 well known that slap bass is a means of mind control and Mark "King" was crowned as a "King" of the Lizard People in order to enable him to undermine Brexit. FACT. WAKE UP PEOPLE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS DO SOME RESEARCH ON THE INTERNET. Or read the Daily Mail. That is what I do in between emptying my jerry when I remember to use it and using my special sock for special monkey spanking play time.

Back