• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Juliet, Naked. Based on the Nick Hornby novel. Ethan Hawke plays a faded rock star who Chris O'Dowd is obsessed with. Entertaining enough. 7/10

Creed 2 - Absolutely loved it, all the right nods to the 1st Creed and to the Ivan Drago v Apollo Creed saga. If you aren't a fan of these films it will score a lot lower but for me a 9/10

Bohemian Rhapsody. Yes there were some very self congratulatory moments, and as with most biopics there was some fudging of history for the sake of a better story, but very entertaining, emotional (i did shed a tear during the live aid scenes), and celebrated the music. 8.5/10

Mowgli on Netflix. Another re-telling of the Jungle Book, obvs not a patch on Disney but interesting nonetheless. Not sure its any better than the live action remake and the animal voices are grating at time. 6.5/10

Mowgli on Netflix. Another re-telling of the Jungle Book, obvs not a patch on Disney but interesting nonetheless. Not sure its any better than the live action remake and the animal voices are grating at time. 6.5/10
I thought it was quite good, liked how dark it was, reckon it would have scared me as a kid though! I'd probably give it a 7, it was visually stunning and I thought the kid who played Mowgli was really good.

Finally got around to watching Spotlight that we'd recorded the other week on BBC2. It hit just about every emotion possible - an easy 8, I'd say.

Maybe a tad slow (in places) for those who prefer plenty of action in their crime films but the acting is sublime.Personally I wouldn't criticise a film I hadn't seen.

Fair point, but I'm unlikely to watch it. I have to base my movie choices on something, sometimes Kermode's reviews can be hit and miss. I've tried to watch many a film he's gushed over only to switch it off. Crazy Rich Asians being the last one - but that's got 92% on RT.

I'm with TUIB on this one, I enjoyed King of thieves. I enjoyed the way all the old boys talked about each other behind their backs, gave me more than a few giggles. Very good cast and I'd throw in Paul Whitehouse too who TUIB missed off his list.

Back