• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Incredible animation style, absolutely beautiful. Great soundtrack, terrific voice cast, helluva lotta fun. 9.5/10

Perhaps you'd care to name which player(s) (you believe) I've criticised but haven't seen? No? I didn't think so. :Gun:
Sure, not a problem, your memory must be fading.

Prosser- you used to slag him off based on listening to the match on the radio and speaking to your friends - not watching the actual game.

Sure, not a problem, your memory must be fading.

Prosser- you used to slag him off based on listening to the match on the radio and speaking to your friends - not watching the actual game.

Wrong.I saw Prosser play a few times during his stay with us.Even spoke to him once, after a home game (against Luton or Bradford City,) in which he'd come on as a late sub, when he came to meet up with some friends/family in the bar underneath the East stand.

Your first remark is unworthy of you.

As far as Prosser is concerned, I always maintained that he was fine as a L2 player for us but wasn't up to L1 football.Phil Brown seems to have agreed with me.Also his record after leaving us,going to L2 Col Ewe would seem to indicate I was right.

Last edited:
Searching - teenage girl goes missing and John Cho plays the dad who uses her internet history to find her. Sounds dull, but it's an good film especially as all the action occurs on a laptop. 8.5/10

Mud - beautifully shot in the Mississippi Delta and so well acted by Matthew McConaughey (such a good actor) and Tye Sheridan. 9/10

Wrong.I saw Prosser play a few times during his stay with us.Even spoke to him once, after a home game (against Luton or Bradford City,) in which he'd come on as a late sub, when he came to meet up with some friends/family in the bar underneath the East stand.

Your first remark is unworthy of you.

As far as Prosser is concerned, I always maintained that he was fine as a L2 player for us but wasn't up to L1 football.Phil Brown seems to have agreed with me.Also his record after leaving us,going to L2 Col Ewe would seem to indicate I was right.
Yes you saw him play- I wasn’t commenting on that,, but you also commented on match threads when you didn’t see him play and his performance, that’s what I was referring to which I made clear in my post.

Yes you saw him play- I wasn’t commenting on that,, but you also commented on match threads when you didn’t see him play and his performance, that’s what I was referring to which I made clear in my post.

What you intimated quite clearly in your post;-"Prosser- you used to slag him off based on listening to the match on the radio and speaking to your friends - not watching the actual game" was that I hadn't seen Prosser play.
FYI,we're also now in the era of iFollow when any expat can watch all Southend's games home and away,live in HD.

Last edited:
Much against my usual partaking, I'm off today and I watched Avengers Infinity War. It's alright - lots of computer generated people beating each other up against computer generated backgrounds. Still, better than the last Star Wars debacle. 7/10

The Big Boss (1971)
Just bought the Bruce Lee Blu-Ray box set so Enter the Dragon aside, I'm seeing these films for the first time in 30+ years. The new transfers look amazing, and I still find '70s martial arts films as thrilling as I did when I saw them for the first time as a young lad. Bruce Lee really was a total superstar. 5/10 for the plot and the acting, 9/10 for the new Blu-ray transfers and the fight scenes, and 10/10 for Bruce.

Solo - a Star Wars story. Bit of a mess but entertaining enough. Again, better than The Last Jedi. 7/10

Collette......Story of turn of the century French novelist, journalist and writer. Very good movie..........Oh, and Kiera Knightly & Elenor Tomlinson get their kit off and get it on together. Worth the watch just for that alone :Thumbs up:

Venom - 10/10 - Another Great from Marvel! Tom Hardy is excellent and a great blend of humour and action. Interesting storyline and like where they’re going with it and hope they make many more films with Venom in. Very sad seeing Stan Lee with a cameo since he is no longer with us. Marvel films won’t be the same without him!

A must watch!

Bird Box - nasties invade(?) that cause people to commit suicide if you look at them, hence Sandra Bullock and kids have to travel to a sanctuary by boat whilst blindfolded. It's alright overly long, not sure about the message it sends out about mental health. On Netflix if you fancy it. 6/10

The Dark Tower - 7/10 - I had been told to avoid this film but I quite enjoyed it. Decent storyline and easy to follow. It wasn’t a gripping classic but it wasn’t a stinker and it has Idris Elba who was excellent as usual.

Back