• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Re-watched sexy beast. Ben Kingsley is incredible. Very good for him alone . 7 out 10

Finally got round to watching the long good friday. Bob Hoskins is terrific. So many one liners and laugh out loud banter. 8 out of 10

Bohemian rhapsody. Decent film but for me it just seemed like it was trying to hard. Enjoyable none the less. 6 out 10

Re-watched sexy beast. Ben Kingsley is incredible. Very good for him alone . 7 out 10

Finally got round to watching the long good friday. Bob Hoskins is terrific. So many one liners and laugh out loud banter. 8 out of 10

Bohemian rhapsody. Decent film but for me it just seemed like it was trying to hard. Enjoyable none the less. 6 out 10
What a film. One of my all time favourites; Hoskins' best ever performance and the greatest British gangster film of all time IMHO, although Get Carter runs it very close.

I've got the Bohemian Rhapsody Blu-ray on order, really looking forward to it.

Stan and Ollie, absolute cracker of a film

Coogan and Reilly do the couple justice, highs and lows throughout, but for the L & H fans a must to see

10/10 rating

Only the Brave - 8/10 - didn’t know much about the story but got right into it and although it said based on true events I didn’t realise how the real the ending was. A very sad story, from some very brave men.

Just watched Dodge Ball, again. Very funny and like films such as Blazing Saddles, CannonBall Run etc it gets funnier each time. 9/10

Boy Erased - The true story of Jared Eamons who's forced to go to a Christian de-gay conversion therapy centre. 7/10

Glass - was a bit sceptical that this was going to be a way to cash in from the success of unbreakable and split but after watching you felt that it was always building to this and the end game was always known. I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case but it's a very strong film. 9/10 for me, really enjoyed it

Anyone who doesn't leave the cinema with a massive smile on their face after watching Mary Poppins Returns is dead inside. Superb film. 10/10

Watched a film on Film4 called Hyena last week about a bunch of corrupt / undercover cops, and their dealings with underworld Albanian and Turkish gangsters in West London.

I only really watched it as it starred Tom Hardy and Stephen Graham, who are two of my favourite British actors.

Not for the faint hearted - Violence is a regular theme and at times horrifically unwatchable and graphic. Thought provoking, but disturbing tale, probably not recommended unless you enjoyed the likes of Nil by Mouth genre - 5/10.

The Anderson Tapes (1971)
Stylish Sidney Lumet-directed thriller about a safe-cracker (Sean Connery) who gets out of jail one day and then the next hatches an elaborate plan to burgle an entire upmarket New York apartment block on the same Labour Day afternoon. I love a good caper film, and with this being from the halcyon days of edgy thrillers made by major studios I was always going to love it. Great cast, good plot, with a neat and somewhat prophetic twist concerning modern day Big Brother-style surveillance. 7.5/10

I haven't see either Oscars favourite Roma or The Favourite and neither one really appeals TBH.

Really? It's definitely a generation defining film.
Yes, really. I found the whole thing completely naff. I was never going to like it as I can't stand Ewan McGregor and have never liked anything Danny Boyle has done (apart from his 2 episodes of Morse). I was 23 when it came out and it defined absolutely nothing for me.

Back