• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

The Miseducation of Cameron Post - More gay conversion therapy, this time for Chloe Grace Moretz. It's ok, doesn't really go anywhere. 6/10

Sorcerer - 70s movie: Roy Schneider leads 3 other criminals in transporting highly unstable dynamite in two delapidated trucks through some Central American hellhole.
If they made this film today most of it would be CGI but you can feel the dirt and rain. Tense as flip! 8/10

Also caught up with Mike Leigh's Peterloo yesterday on DVD (disgracefully it hasn't yet had a cinema release in Barna).Easily the best of his costume drama (Gilbert and Sullivan+ Turner) films I thought.Some subtle anti-Brexit sentiments too.ML (unlike Ken Loach) has always made (lower case) political films,whereas KL, usually much prefers the sledgehammer approach.

Edit.Forgot to mention that Bill Douglas's wonderful 1986 Comrades (certainly the first half at least) was clearly a model for ML's excellent film.

Last edited:
I doubt that.

See them both Paul and tell me why you prefer RR's (which he didn't direct) effort.RR has always had easy charm as an actor but I've always though that Clint is much more talented as a director and arguably as an actor too.BTW,(I know Clint's not very PC these days.FWIW,I've always much preferred RR's politics). :Winking:

See them both Paul and tell me why you prefer RR's (which he didn't direct) effort.RR has always had easy charm as an actor but I've always though that Clint is much more talented as a director and arguably as an actor too.BTW,(I know Clint's not very PC these days.FWIW,I've always much preferred RR's politics). :Winking:

Eastwood has done some good films - Gran Turismo, Unforgiven for example, but this doesn't appeal at all.

The Kid Who Would Be King - Arthurian kids romp from Joe Cornish. It's an odd film, like a Children Film Foundation film with a big budget. 7/10

Fighting with my family -
Wouldn't have picked this out if it wasn't for hearing Stephen Merchant talk about it in an interview as it's writer and director. True story about a girl from a Wrestling mad family in Norwich who made it as a star in WWE, Paige. I don't watch WWE so I have no idea about her but it is a good funny feel good kinda film. 7/10

3/4s the way through of a truly weird but hugely fun film. The Love Witch, a very 60s looking film where the very beautiful Elaine uses her witchy powers to seduce (it's not that hard, trust me) and then murder some very chauvenistic men.

The Kid Who Would Be King - Arthurian kids romp from Joe Cornish. It's an odd film, like a Children Film Foundation film with a big budget. 7/10

I used to enjoy the Adam and Joe show but they are just another example of posh kids getting on in the media along with their mate Louis Theroux.

Back