• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Serves you right - rock biopics are usually crap - I will not be touching this with a bargepole

Thought the music was good (as I said) also in the Queen movie.I also make MKS right in his short list of decent rock movies.*

*Edit .Been thinking about this and would also inlude the Ritchie Valens (La Bamba) biopic +Jerry Lee Lewis film (Great Balls of Fire)+the more recent(and Oscar nomonated) Ray Charles film.

Last edited:
All Is True.kenneth Branagh's excellent filml of the last 3 years in Shakespeare's life.With Judi Dench and Ian Mckellen (on DVD).
Disgraceful that this still hasn't got a cinema release in Barna.:Angry:

John wick 3
Only went as it was an opportunity to meet up with mates who wanted to see it
Haven’t seen 1 or 2
Crap

kajaki - on tv last night, second time I have seen it. Afganistan war film that is apparently very accurate.
You feel the helplessness of the men as they find themselves trapped in a minefield.
Very moving , the bravery of the men is incredible
It’s the type of was film that Hollywood doesn’t do

Last edited:
Off to see Amazing Grace tonight - the documentary of the recording of Aretha Franklin`s album of the same name - will not nod off in this one :Smile:

Anyone seen 'Godzilla King of Monsters'?. My son in NY saw it at the weekend, reckoned the human actors were like cardboard cut outs, but the monster fighting scenes were worth paying the admission money for.

John wick 3
Only went as it was an opportunity to meet up with mates who wanted to see it
Haven’t seen 1 or 2
Crap

kajaki - on tv last night, second time I have seen it. Afganistan war film that is apparently very accurate.
You feel the helplessness of the men as they find themselves trapped in a minefield.
Very moving , the bravery of the men is incredible
It’s the type of was film that Hollywood doesn’t do

Kajaki is a great film and really accurate unlike a lot of the American military films. Shame they didn’t have the budget or the attention some other highly inaccurate military films get (American Sniper is a big one).

Back