• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

SC's cine club has started up again so saw Hitchcock's Suspicion again earlier on a big screen this time.

Hitch.fans will know that this was the only movie of his for which one of the leads (Joan Fontaine) won a deserved oscar

Who Framed Roger Rabbit - the young 'un loved it, despite it being a tad old for her (some dodgy sexual stuff went over her head). Still superb if looking a little dated. 9/10
Me and my brother have an annoying habit of saying: "remember me Eddie, when I killed your brother. I talked just like this!" any time anyone mentions someone called Eddie in our shared company.

Midsommar - utterly weird yet intriguing cult drama/horror. You know what's going to happen in the end but it's fun getting there.

Yesterday - warm, funny, life affirming. 10/10

Wouldn't give it it 10/10 (which is why I never give points I suppose).

Though I did find it "warm,funny and life affirming" too. Though I thought there were too many obvious Richard Curtis moments in it eg.the John Lennon in Scotland sequence.

Far and away the best British pop film (of the 4 released this year) that I've seen was Blinded by the Light which I thought was wonderful.

Last edited:
Wouldn't give it it 10/10 (which is why I never give points I suppose).

Though I did find it "warm,funny and life affirming" too. Though I thought there were too many obvoious Richard Curtis moments in it eg.the John Lennon in Scotland sequence.

Far and away the best British pop film (of the 4 released this year) that I've seen was Blinded by the Light which I thought was wonderful.

Not seen Blinded yet, but looking forward to it. Thought the John Lennon bit was well handled, not too saccharine. Wonder if Paul Mc or Ringo were approached to be in it?

Not seen Blinded yet, but looking forward to it. Thought the John Lennon bit was well handled, not too saccharine. Wonder if Paul Mc or Ringo were approached to be in it?

No idea but I don't think so.Seem to recall Macca saying he'd enjoyed the film.

Would agree that the JL bit was well handled but it had RC's fingertips all over it.

Rambo: Last Blood 11/10. Home Alone meets Hostel in an unrelenting bloodbath that concludes with several decapitations serenaded by The Doors’ ‘Five to One’. Other than John J, nobody got out alive. Watch it if you dare.

The book thief 8.5/10
on film4 last night so it should be on 50 more times in the next few weeks
I don’t know what it was about and stumbled on to it.Very very well acted by a very small cast. A really good “people” war story. 7.6 on IMBD which is a very good score
Note- I just read a review of the book and the film has made a significant plot twist

Bait.

A quite stylish - in a stark sort of way - observation of the effect of the holiday home owners' occupation of ('ye quaint olde') fishing villages of West Cornwall and in this particular instance, Mousehole. I suspect that it might be derided as 'pretentious' by some critics but I quite liked its old-fashioned camera work and grainy effects. Good to see 'The Kernow King,' Edward Rowe, in a serious role and his depiction of embittered fisherman Martin Ward was quite convincing. The first time I've heard the local phrase "Woss' on" in film. 7/10.

Just seen it - sold out in Falmouth for two nights - had to put on another showing - agree that Ed Rowe was good - I`ll give it 8/10. The best line was said by a nice young maid - cannot repeat as will not get past the swear filter

Just seen it - sold out in Falmouth for two nights - had to put on another showing - agree that Ed Rowe was good - I`ll give it 8/10. The best line was said by a nice young maid - cannot repeat as will not get past the swear filter

I saw the young lad who played the horrific Hugo (the "up country" teenager) in the Farmers the other week. He seemed a lot nicer than Hugo.

Rocketman - 10/10 - great film played really well by Taron Egerton.

Locke - 6/10 - Obviously one of Hardy’s earlier films it’s alright didn’t realise it would be just him in a car on the phone for the whole film.

Rocketman - 10/10 - great film played really well by Taron Egerton.

Locke - 6/10 - Obviously one of Hardy’s earlier films it’s alright didn’t realise it would be just him in a car on the phone for the whole film.

Loved that goal he scored v the Os in April '91 en route to our promotion to Division Two.

Back