• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Watched The Hitman's Bodyguard yesterday - Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L. Jackson. Lots of "Mother Hubbarding" from the latter - as you'd expect - but a good take-your-brain-out action comedy movie - 7/10.

Joker.

Story was decent enough, better than average. Few twists and turns to keep your attention.

Without spoiling it, the ending is up for interpretation on so many different levels, which is what I really liked about it. I’m still thinking about it now, and working out the the different possibilities.

Phoenix was truly superb and is nailed on for the Oscar. Hauntingly convincing performance.

Hoping to see him reprise the role at some point in the future - and the fact that it’s made so much money would surely indicate that he will.

Watched Papillon the remake not as good as the original but they never are but still watchable

Fire in Babylon

On amazon prime at the moment. Story of the west indies cricket team of the 70's and 80's going from perennial losers to unbeaten in test cricket for 15 years! Being a child in the 80's I don't have any 1st hand memories of the team. Clive Lloyd and Sir Viv Richards are amazing men, if you are a cricket fan it's a must watch and even if you aren't I'm sure it will entertain.

Fire in Babylon

On amazon prime at the moment. Story of the west indies cricket team of the 70's and 80's going from perennial losers to unbeaten in test cricket for 15 years! Being a child in the 80's I don't have any 1st hand memories of the team. Clive Lloyd and Sir Viv Richards are amazing men, if you are a cricket fan it's a must watch and even if you aren't I'm sure it will entertain.

I think that was on normal telly and I think I saw it. :ROFL:

El Camino - The Breaking Bad Film - Meh, tied up some loose ends but that's about it.

Fire in Babylon

Have to look out for that ,loved Greenidge and Haynes as openers were my heroes to follow

Avatar - Saw it in 3D at the cinema when it first came out and it blew me away. Got the DVD and this latest viewing tonight must be the 3rd or 4th time we've watched it since. Absolutely great film which I never tire of. 9/10.

Joker.

Story was decent enough, better than average. Few twists and turns to keep your attention.

Without spoiling it, the ending is up for interpretation on so many different levels, which is what I really liked about it. I’m still thinking about it now, and working out the the different possibilities.

Phoenix was truly superb and is nailed on for the Oscar. Hauntingly convincing performance.

Hoping to see him reprise the role at some point in the future - and the fact that it’s made so much money would surely indicate that he will.
I really liked this film so dark and well acted and I agree the ending leaves so much to viewers interpretation.I read they have no plans for a sequel but as you say the box office figures were massive and plenty more to explore with the character so another film must be likely somewhere down the line

I really liked this film so dark and well acted and I agree the ending leaves so much to viewers interpretation.I read they have no plans for a sequel but as you say the box office figures were massive and plenty more to explore with the character so another film must be likely somewhere down the line

I think I have to install him as my favourite Joker of all time, narrowly edging out Heath Ledger.

I can see Joaquin reprising his Joker for the latest Batman reboot series.

They’ll offer him a blank cheque, to sign up for it.

I think I have to install him as my favourite Joker of all time, narrowly edging out Heath Ledger.

I can see Joaquin reprising his Joker for the latest Batman reboot series.

They’ll offer him a blank cheque, to sign up for it.
Agreed with all above.Was one of best acting performances I have ever seen

Saw Nick Broomfield's excellent documentary Marriane & Leonard :Words of Love last night .A wonderful documenary on Leonard Cohen's love affair with his muse Marrianne Thein.Hydra looked stunning.

Diego Maradona - A documentary about the rise and very large fall of DM. Addicted to drugs, in bed with the mafia, loved & hated in equal measure. Great film, definitely worth a watch.

Back