• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

I saw that too last night. I enjoyed it but certainly didn't love it - found some of it, especially the first half, quite dull.

It's a fundamentally flawed and morally vacant film,IMO.The cinematic references eg to Scorsee's King of Comedy and Taxi driver are just sterile and contrived.The central performance is however excellent.

I don't think it's morally vacant at all. Yes it's violent but I've seen much more violent films marketed as classics such as GoodFellas. Joker takes a lot of unwanted flack because it's a "comic book " film.

I don't think it's morally vacant at all. Yes it's violent but I've seen much more violent films marketed as classics such as GoodFellas. Joker takes a lot of unwanted flack because it's a "comic book " film.

It also appears the latest trend to take a dig at the superhero movies.

I'm off to see Scorsee's The Irishman on Wednesday.As far as Goodfellas was concerned,while it was unquestionably violent it was also a work of art ,something that can't be said about Joker,IMO.

The Irishman.

I am a big fan of Scorsese but this was too long and the last half hour was painful.

Yes the main actors were great but watching DeNiro and Pesci portray gangsters is rather like watching James Nesbitt play a tedious middle aged Irish bloke.

I really like Stephen Graham but he really struggled with this role.

I'll give it a 7.5.

'Playing With Fire' - pretty awful but my 10 year old absolutely loved it. Very wholesome message, no bad language - recommended for kids. John Cena definitely has a future in Hollywood.

'The Manadalorian' - four episodes in and it's fantastic. So much better than anything else Disney Star Wars has come up with, and I thought 'Rogue One' was great.

A Private War. The true story of Marie Colvin who took what Kate Adie used to do to a whole new level. Rosamund Pike is excellent in the main role.

Saw Martin Scorsee's superb The Irishman yesterday.Thought Al Pacino and Joe Pesci were excellent.Be a crime if this doesn't sweep the board at the Oscars.
Netflix released another Oscar contender the other day with Marriage Story (which despite the title is actually about a divorce), both that and the Irishman are the favourites for Best Picture at the moment but I get the feeling Marriage Story will be what Netflix pushes the most. There's a scene where Adam Driver and Scarlett Johansson's characters are arguing that makes it very easy for them to showcase to the people that vote (who let's be honest don't actually bother watching all the films) how good the performances were. The film itself is fantastic as well.

Back