• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Unfair. I love Frozen, as does MK Jnr. Great film.
I saw it at the time and remember coming out of the cinema and saying it was the worst Disney film I'd ever seen; felt like 1 long merch advert with a pop video thrown in the middle. I stand by all of that.

Scrooge - Another viewing of this fabulous musical version of Dickens' 'A Christmas Carol.' Albert Finney and company were just great and the film never bores me.

The Mule - Clint plays an old chap (which he is) working as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel, he also directs the film. Very slow burner at the beginning but as the film develops it turns out to be a well worked storyline. 7/10

The Upside - I watched this on Amazon Prime and it is based on a true story.

Phillip is a wealthy quadriplegic who needs a caretaker to help him with his day-to-day routine in his New York penthouse. He decides to hire Dell, a struggling parolee who's trying to reconnect with his ex and his young son. Despite coming from two different worlds, an unlikely friendship starts to blossom as Dell and Phillip rediscover the joy of living life to the fullest. Absolutely delightful film with a feel good factor as well. 9/10

Finally got around to watching Hacksaw Ridge that I'd recorded on Channel 5 the other day. Holy Mother of God, the lives that Desmond Doss, the pacifist field medic saved through his tireless and selfless efforts under fire. He epitomised just one of the so-called 'Greatest Generation'. Info about him here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

Finally got around to watching Hacksaw Ridge that I'd recorded on Channel 5 the other day. Holy Mother of God, the lives that Desmond Doss, the pacifist field medic saved through his tireless and selfless efforts under fire. He epitomised just one of the so-called 'Greatest Generation'. Info about him here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desmond_Doss

That film is amazing, one of my favourite out there and only tells a small amount of his story. A true hero and should’ve won more awards than it did. People seem to care more about a couple of bellends singing than a film about a true war hero.

Caught up with Rocketman....very stagey but enjoyable even if I'm not a huge fan of anything Elton John post 1975ish. 7/10

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
I've really enjoyed all of the Disney SW films so far; they've all been solid at the very least IMHO, and this was a solid end to the new trilogy. Not the best of the Disney era but it still has plenty to love, and I'd say that start-to-finish this feels like a proper SW film whereas the previous Disney films all had bits that didn't quite feel like the SW universe to me. Remember - it's just's a kids space adventure film, it has an enormous legacy hanging over it which means it will never be able please everybody. 7.5/10

FWIW I'd rank the Disney films thus;
1. Rogue One
2. Solo
=3. The Force Awakens/Rise of Skywalker
5. The Last Jedi

Now to watch The Mandalorian over Xmas...

Last edited:
Tell you what I did watch the other night.

That there Borg vs. McEnroe.

It was alright, to be fair.

Caught up with Rocketman....very stagey but enjoyable even if I'm not a huge fan of anything Elton John post 1975ish. 7/10
I thought I'd like it as I generally like these kind of films but thought it was terrible. Could have been a bohemian rhapsody with the stories and the songs but came nowhere close IMO

Back