• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Rambo: Last Blood, typical Rambo gore fest. Good storyline and a really enjoyable watch. A great way to end the Rambo franchise.
Saw this at bas vegas a few months back, 4 of went which put the audience up to 7?.
Not the most complicated story ( understatement), but was what we expected so can’t complain.
I cant do the “spoiler thing” but I liked the tie in to the previous films

It's arrogant of you to assume I'm not interested in Galliopli.Apart from being a pretty good Peter Weir film starring Mel Gibson (already discussed on this thread) the failure of the Dardanelles campaign in WWI, planned by Churchill, shows up his limitations as a war leader.
Can An you name a “war leader” whatever that means that didn’t have at least one monumental **** up for in WW1?

Can An you name a “war leader” whatever that means that didn’t have at least one monumental **** up for in WW1?

Your kind (ie right wingers) will never understand that my kind (ie leftists) will never be able to forgive Churchill for his pre-1939 record.

Cinematically speaking,the silver screen hasn't exactly been that kind to Winnie either.Galliopli and the awful Young Winston are,of course, prime examples.

As one of the finest minds of our time once stated,

War, war is stupid.
And people are stupid.
And I heard them banging
On hearts and fingers

Your kind (ie right wingers) will never understand that my kind (ie leftists) will never be able to forgive Churchill for his pre-1939 record.

Cinematically speaking,the silver screen hasn't exactly been that kind to Winnie either.Galliopli and the awful Young Winston are,of course, prime examples.
If ever a country was fortunate to have the right man in the right place at the right time it was Great Britain and Churchill. How you can remotely argue against that is beyond me.
His record before or after the war is irrelevant to your comment as a war leader.

As I said before , name me a war leader that didn’t screw up.
There are also very good arguments to back up a well trodden theory that Churchill’s ww1 records helped his decision making in ww2.

Left wing/ right wing is irrelevant unless you can’t forgive Churchill for not surrendering to Hitler.

Joker. Yes, great performance by JP, perfect for the part. I felt sorry for, and wanted to like the main character because of the start. But then realised he's mentally ill, violent and self destructive.

Thats because you knowledge is limited to one film, rather than the facts.

Did you watch the one about Gallipoli that I posted for you?

Terence Malick's superb anti-war masterpiece A Hidden Life.Set in rural WW2 Austria it's TM's best film since Badlands,IMO.

It's also a timely antidote to those who seem to think that wars can be reduced to a simple binary choice between them and us.

Greavsie - 2 hr film by BT sports on his life and it is a belter. A lot of faces you'd expect to see in the documentary and a few you would be surprised at, Donald Trump being one! A great tribute to the player but also the man. Don't want to give too much away but I'd urge any fans to tune in when it is broadcast Tuesday on BT Sports.

Greavsie - 2 hr film by BT sports on his life and it is a belter. A lot of faces you'd expect to see in the documentary and a few you would be surprised at, Donald Trump being one! A great tribute to the player but also the man. Don't want to give too much away but I'd urge any fans to tune in when it is broadcast Tuesday on BT Sports.

Nice bit about Greavsie and the BT Sports programme here.

Link

I remember Donald Trump doing the League Cup draw on Saint and Greavsie

Little Women - 9/10 - Superb adaptation of a classic story. Very surprised it didn't get anything at the Oscars

The Gentleman - Kev's choice, I wanted to see 1917. Not normally a fan of the gangster genre but I quite enjoyed this.

Little Women - 9/10 - Superb adaptation of a classic story. Very surprised it didn't get anything at the Oscars

I am looking forward to seeing this at some point, it's the only Jane Austen book I actually enjoyed at school!

The Gentleman - Kev's choice, I wanted to see 1917. Not normally a fan of the gangster genre but I quite enjoyed this.

I am looking forward to seeing this at some point, it's the only Jane Austen book I actually enjoyed at school!
Probably should have concentrated more at school because it’s not by Jane Austen! ?

Erm.....is the film not a version of this then? :Think:

s-l500.jpg

Back