• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

“The hunt”
Again didn’t know about it but very good reviews so watched it. Danish with subtitles, but don’t let that put you off. My wife HATES subtitles and doesn’t concentrate watching films normally and even she thought it was excellent.

also (no spoiler) It does make you think “ this could happen to me”

ID - dont know why I never saw it when it came out. Great 90s cast - and decent story.
Oh, yes! Great film.
The late Warren Clarke is great, but Rhys Dinsdale is superb as the undercover cop, turned fully fledged hooligan!
Must watch that again soon...

Bloody love you Gumbo!!

The last 30 mins or so or the whole film? In any case I though Roma was a lot better and it seemed to me that Hollywood was just making up for lost time by giving a non-English speaking film a gong for best film.

the last 30 but I havent seen it yet so will make a judgement then.

by the way, only eleven non-English language films have been nominated in the category: La Grande Illusion; Z; The Emigrants; Cries and Whispers; (Il Postino); Life Is Beautiful; Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Mandarin Chinese, 2000); Letters from Iwo Jima); Amour; Roma and Parasite (Korean, 2019).

I liked Il Postino and Crouching Tiger.

and the other 2019 nominations arent really much cop.

Saw Sweeet Charity* last night.Always liked Shirly MacLaine and thought there were some good Bob Fosse dance routines in it but much preferred Cabarat or even West Side Story.

* Thanks to Supernaught for the heads up.

Watched ‘Filth’ on film4, based on the book by Irvine Welsh.

James McAvoy is mental as the psychotic copper. Very funny, dark, dark comedy. 8/10 - well worth a watch if you enjoyed Trainspotting and Shallow Grave.

Back