• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Borat 2 - Not as good as the first but still some very awkward but hilarious moments.

The Captain on Prime. German subtitled film. Thought it was around 4 hours long so got myself all set up with enough snacks / beers etc only to find out that its 2 hours. Amazon Prime has it so that the first 2 hours the film is in black and white, second 2 hours the film is repeated but in colour.

Thought the film was pretty good although decide if you want black and white or colour and fast forward as required. Personally I feel it would deliver more of an impact in black and white (I didn't watch it again in colour)

Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Love the Bomb (1964)
First time watch for me, and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it considering I'm not the biggest fan of either Peter Sellers or Stanley Kubrick. While it is undoubtedly The Peter Sellers Show, and he is utterly fantastic in all of his three roles, special mention should go to George C Scott and Slim Pickens who both also give brilliant performances. Genuinely funny, bitingly satirical, and still stands up 56 years later. 8/10

Dr Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying & Love the Bomb (1964)
First time watch for me, and I'm surprised at how much I enjoyed it considering I'm not the biggest fan of either Peter Sellers or Stanley Kubrick. While it is undoubtedly The Peter Sellers Show, and he is utterly fantastic in all of his three roles, special mention should go to George C Scott and Slim Pickens who both also give brilliant performances. Genuinely funny, bitingly satirical, and still stands up 56 years later. 8/10

Great film and well ahead of its time. Peter Sellers was also down to play the role that went to Slim Pickens. They rightly realised it was to much and as you say Pickens is perfect.

Well worth a watch is Never Let Go 1960. Peter Sellers plays the part of violent gang boss, with Adam Faith as one of his boys. Its on Youtube so easy to view.

Phenomena by Dario Argento. My first dip into Argento and it's magnificent. 10/10
If you think that's a 10 just wait 'til you see some of the good ones!! And make sure you watch Demons as well - he only produced that but it's one of my fave films that he had a hand in.

Great film and well ahead of its time. Peter Sellers was also down to play the role that went to Slim Pickens. They rightly realised it was to much and as you say Pickens is perfect.

Well worth a watch is Never Let Go 1960. Peter Sellers plays the part of violent gang boss, with Adam Faith as one of his boys. Its on Youtube so easy to view.
I love the fact that some of the cast thought Pickens was staying in character between shots, not realising that was his real voice!

And Never Let Go sounds ace - I'll be sure to check it out, thanks. I really like the more low-key British 50s/60s Sellers films I've seen so I'm sure I'll like it.

The stoning of Soraya M
10/10
Brilliant film , very moving
Awful (true) story
I’m going to bump my own post ?
I hate being told what to do but this is a film that everyone should watch. Even if it wasn’t a true story and had a happy ending it would still be a great film.

Back