• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Just finished West Side Story (yet again) on Beeb2. No matter how many times I see this film I never tire of it. Absolutely brilliant film.

Was just about to post exactly the same thing. Just wish I found Tony more believable, wrong casting for me.

I watched Edge of Tomorrow last night, good imo, fair plot, lots of holes in it but very well filmed.
Sci fi seems all about time travel loops at present.

Just finished West Side Story (yet again) on Beeb2. No matter how many times I see this film I never tire of it. Absolutely brilliant film.
Alice Cooper used one of the songs on his Schools Out album .

The Red Sea Diving Resort on Netflix. Has Chris Evans (Played Captain America not the ginger haired radio guy) Was a pretty good watch

Enjoyed Judas and the Black Messiah last night.It's an excellent political thriler about the assination of the Black Panther's Fred Hampton by the FBI in 1969.

Last edited:
The Revenant, long, generally grim and nothing much to like about any of the characters….
Yes, not very pleasant, the initial ambush of the boat scene is well filmed, Saving Private Ryan style but from then on it just grinds along.
Possibly DiCaprio's best acting to date? And I understand he didn't use body doubles for many of the stunts.

Quite probably, he certainly lived the part during filming and believe he found it a very demanding role to play.. Saw it at the cinema but wouldn’t watch again.

Saw Parts 3/4 of Lonesome Dove yesterday.Absolutely wonderful.old style, epic western.Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were outstanding.Many thanks to MG for the heads up on this.
thanks for the heads up - definitely going to watch this one, Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones in a Western = happy days

Back