• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Got caught in one of those moments when you turn the TV on and Rocky 4 has started.... even though you've seen it a hundred times before, you just have to watch it again!

Watched ID-2 on Netflix.

Very disappointing, the original with Warren Clarke and Reese Dinsdale was great, this is just embarrassing.

1/10 and that’s being generous

Reactions: tia
Watched 'Harriet' on Net Flix last night . True story about Harriet leasing slaves to freedom in America before the Amerian Civil War , my wife and I both thought it was a good film .

Watched ID-2 on Netflix.

Very disappointing, the original with Warren Clarke and Reese Dinsdale was great, this is just embarrassing.

1/10 and that’s being generous

Agreed, I got a 3rd of the way through but couldn't watch anymore, the acting was terrible.

I do like to watch other nations take on WW2. Well worth a watch is Der Hauptmann ( The Captain) is a German film available on Youtube....look out for the version with English subtitles.

Based on a true story from April 1945 as Germany rapidly descends at the end of the war. No big battle scenes but a look at the darkest side of humanity and power.

Make sure you watch it to the end as there is a great scene added during the titles...Which is totally relevant in the new Covid era.

I do like to watch other nations take on WW2. Well worth a watch is Der Hauptmann ( The Captain) is a German film available on Youtube....look out for the version with English subtitles.

Based on a true story from April 1945 as Germany rapidly descends at the end of the war. No big battle scenes but a look at the darkest side of humanity and power.

Make sure you watch it to the end as there is a great scene added during the titles...Which is totally relevant in the new Covid era.

If I'm honest I'm too busy looking at the finer details of War films, so, far to busy to read subtitles. That said, check out April 9th on Amazon, I enjoyed that. It's about the invasion of Denmark. If you think the UK wasn't ready for War, Jesus Christ, Denmark wasn't, It's a good film though.

If I'm honest I'm too busy looking at the finer details of War films, so, far to busy to read subtitles. That said, check out April 9th on Amazon, I enjoyed that. It's about the invasion of Denmark. If you think the UK wasn't ready for War, Jesus Christ, Denmark wasn't, It's a good film though.

Its not a war film for finer details its about abuse of power and how people are controlled or turn a blind eye and go along with it.

Another similar one I watched recently was Yesterdays Enemy. Worth a watch just because it has Stanley Baker in it.

Based on a play so certainly completely different to your standard 50's war film. Its on Youtube.

Life and death decisions you have to make, including war crimes, whilst in command might be more your bag.

Its not a war film for finer details its about abuse of power and how people are controlled or turn a blind eye and go along with it.

Another similar one I watched recently was Yesterdays Enemy. Worth a watch just because it has Stanley Baker in it.

Based on a play so certainly completely different to your standard 50's war film. Its on Youtube.

Life and death decisions you have to make, including war crimes, whilst in command might be more your bag.

Have you checked out Mark Felton on youtube? What he doesn't know about WWI and WWII History isn't worth knowing. Certainly worth having a look if you like Military History,

They're a really good watch.

House of Gucci I really liked it.Maybe a little longer than necessary but some great performances

Looking forward to seeing Spielberg's West Side Story which opens in Spain on 23rd Dec. plus the new George Clooney which I believe opens here next week.

Nice piece on WSS here wich I see opens in the UK on 10th Dec.

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing Spielberg's West Side Story which opens in Spain on 23rd Dec. plus the new George Clooney which I believe opens here next week.

Nice piece on WSS here wich I see opens in the UK on 10th Dec.
We went today Barna and it is a very, very creditable attempt at matching up to the original. Weirdly, I didn't want it to be as good, probably because the first one is one of my all time favourites. This one is much grittier and real (as you would expect from Spielberg) and the music never dates and sounds as good today as it did back then. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Last edited:
Have you checked out Mark Felton on youtube? What he doesn't know about WWI and WWII History isn't worth knowing. Certainly worth having a look if you like Military History,

They're a really good watch.

Yes he is very good, I have watched a lot of his stuff. Who knew the Swiss airforce shot down allied planes in WW2. No wonder the Nazis felt safe storing all their loot in Swiss banks.

Yes he is very good, I have watched a lot of his stuff. Who knew the Swiss airforce shot down allied planes in WW2. No wonder the Nazis felt safe storing all their loot in Swiss banks.

Have you checked out the al Murray podcast ' we gave ways of making you talk' absolutely brilliant full of stuff you never knew about ww2

That's a new one on me, never seen that. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Currently watching the brilliant Equalizer. Am I watching SVC or Denzil Washington/ Kevin Franks...,,

Btw the follow up film is total ****e.

Must be down to you or Ron I guess

Back