• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Finally saw Javiar Bardem in El buen Patron. (The Good Boss) yesterday.Very funny and worth looking out for when it gets a UK release, presumably next yeat.It cleaned up at the Goyas (Spanish Oscars) recently against some stiff competition.It's also Spain's entry for best foreign film at the Oscars next year and might do well,depending on the competition.

In the last week I watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) and The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992), both first time viewings for me. Loved the Muppets (9/10), I'd say it's the second best version of the story after the 1951 film. I can take or leave the Grinch (5/10); not as good as the animated original and I just don't rate Ron Howard - he always seems to put style before substance and as such his films never move me.

Last edited:
Double bill last night.

Saw Oliver Stone's The Doors:The final cut again.Much as I love the music and most of OS's films,this is far too pretentious for me.

Also saw the original West Side Story for the first time.Loved the dancing,movement and gestures.Despite looking rather dated at times-hence the recent Spielberg remake I suppose-it still remains a classic.

Last edited:
I really enjoyed it....... I get that some would think that way, it's one of those odd films you come away from watching and not sure if it was good or rubbish.....

Unlike Trading Places all those years ago, the messages aren't even hidden anymore. Still entertaining for me.

Unlike Trading Places all those years ago, the messages aren't even hidden anymore. Still entertaining for me.

Yeah the message was very clear, the World is shot too pot.... I just found it so clever how the whole film included everything thats wrong in the World.

The Lost Daughter (Netflix). Brilliant film with a great cast, the lead actor being the "magnificent" Olivia Colman.......

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

6.5/10

Decent fare, not spectacular by any stretch. Slow to get going then seemed to rush through everything else.

Downton Abbey (ITV) Film..... Never watched an episode (ever) but I can see why it was so popular everywhere (especially Yank land). It's very good. I never thought I'd say that.

Managed to have the afternoon to myself for the 1st time this Christmas hols and caught up on the excellent re-make of one of my favourite childhood films, The Amazing Mr Blunden.

With Simon Callow in the role of Mr Blunden and Tamsin Greig in support as Mrs Wickens, I had high hopes that it would prove to be as good as the original, with Laurence Naismith as the original Mr Blunden, and Diana Dors as Mrs Wickens and a fantastic supporting cast.

It entirely lived up to my expectations, and would be a great watch with your children, involving time travel, ghosts, good overcoming bad and some great acting.

I want to see that, is it on Netflix or Amazon?
I think it was on Channel 4 so you may still find it on catch up.

Last edited:
Back