• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Think I've seen R& J too along with MR ,though both at the cinema .Don't think I've walked our on a film since David Lynch's Eraserhead.

Oh wasn't at the flicks. The only film I've walked out of is the Royal Tennenbaums - which was obviously a mistake as I loved it on telly.

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once - Really original, very surreal and funny at times, original fight sequences. One of the most original movies I've seen in a long time.

Old - M.Night Shaylaman has been very hit and miss since Sixth Sense, this was a miss. One scene in particular was wrong on so many levels....Acting and dialogue that made Attack of the Clones look like Shakespeare, and lack of special effects makeup to actually make the actors look.....Old (like the title infers). Like so many of his films, a good concept in there somewhere, but botched execution.

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe - It was good fun if you were a fan of the original series and movie (I was).

Everything, Everywhere, All at Once - Really original, very surreal and funny at times, original fight sequences. One of the most original movies I've seen in a long time.

Old - M.Night Shaylaman has been very hit and miss since Sixth Sense, this was a miss. One scene in particular was wrong on so many levels....Acting and dialogue that made Attack of the Clones look like Shakespeare, and lack of special effects makeup to actually make the actors look.....Old (like the title infers). Like so many of his films, a good concept in there somewhere, but botched execution.

Beavis & Butthead Do The Universe - It was good fun if you were a fan of the original series and movie (I was).

Kenny: "One scene in particular was wrong on so many levels" Do tell.

Spoiler:  
People trapped on the beach are aging rapidly, the two six year olds are suddenly teenagers, but are mentally still very much 6 years old. They end up having a fumble in the tent, although it doesn't make any sense that they would know what they were doing And by the time they walk out of the tent the girl, is already in her 3rd trimester with his child.

The baby is then born and dies instantly.

Spoiler:  
People trapped on the beach are aging rapidly, the two six year olds are suddenly teenagers, but are mentally still very much 6 years old. They end up having a fumble in the tent, although it doesn't make any sense that they would know what they were doing And by the time they walk out of the tent the girl, is already in her 3rd trimester with his child.

The baby is then born and dies instantly.
Thanks a lot....I am a regular cinema goer and I am glad that I passed on that film

Great film.Wouln't mind seeing it again.Thanks,Always liked The Killing too.
We saw "The Killing" yesterday (I had seen it at the cinema) it is wonderful and I love Sterling Hayden...........There are lots of Film Noir movies on that site + French/Japanese. films..Just use the search box.

We saw "The Killing" yesterday (I had seen it at the cinema) it is wonderful and I love Sterling Hayden...........There are lots of Film Noir movies on that site + French/Japanese. films..Just use the search box.
Yeah I remember the film.The Killing takes place at the racetrack right? Isn't the young Burt Lancaster in it too? (or am I mixing that up with The Killers?).

Yeah I remember the film.The Killing takes place at the racetrack right? Isn't the young Burt Lancaster in it too? (or am I mixing that up with The Killers?).
Burt Lancaster is in "The Killers"...Yes "The Killing" is at the races.........."Mildred Pierce" is wonderful.....But what a dull film title.

I have been laid up for a couple of days with a severe chest infection so thought I would flick through some films and watched Milada.
It is a true story about Milada Horáková who was a Czech politician. She was eventually executed by the communist party for treason and a member of the underground resistance movement during World War II.

Back