• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Oops- this is replying to the post on “Copland “

It’s a Really good film , as you say excellent cast and story. I have never understood why it wasn’t a bigger hit———— and then I saw the trailer, oh dear, it’s almost as though it’s taking the ****. I don’t know if it has dates badly ( the film hasn’t) or was crap back then

Armagedden Time with Antony Hopkins*.Shindler's list it isn't,

TBH as a retired teacher I'm more interested in the problems facing young working class white boys (as I once was) rather than those facing Jewish or Black kids in NY
but this is still a very good coming of age film set in the early 80's.

* Once saw AH in the Hole in the Wall,Waterloo back in the earlly 70's, proping up the bar,a long time before his subsequent film career took off.He certainly didn't look in the mood for a chat so I left him to commune with himself.

Last edited:
I watched The Gentlemen last night. Really enjoyed it. Not seen Hugh Grant as that type of character before, very different
That remind s me of when I saw it at the flics -pre-covid now.A couple of old ladies in front of me were clearly expecting a Hugh Grant rom-com and walked out after half an hour.It pays to read a review or two sometimes.:Smile:

What a strange film it was lol
Their accents kept changing-----A young Googie Withers was in it----Have you heard of her?
Yep, know of Google Withers but not Jack L-R. Appears he played in a lot of films from the early 1930s onwards though can’t say I recognise that many of the titles…

Yep, know of Google Withers but not Jack L-R. Appears he played in a lot of films from the early 1930s onwards though can’t say I recognise that many of the titles…
"Night And The City" with Googie and Richard Widmark is well worth seeing.

Silver screen today was Emily. The critics loved it. It's a reimagining of the life of Emily Brontë. My wife was fuming as reimagining is aka a pack of lies. I quite enjoyed it. Female director. I'm not going to wander into a mine field for anyone. Make up your own mind time.

We see The Menu last night.Black comedy horror type film.I thought it was pretty good

Back