• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Rigsby............................As for All quiet on the Western front. The US did not arrive in numbers until 1918. The majority of German soldiers never ever see one let alone shoot at one. Im sure if the is a 4th version of the film that could be changed.

Best foreign film?

Last edited:
On April 6, 1917, when the United States declared war against Germany, the nation had a standing army of 127,500 officers and soldiers. By the end of the war, four million men had served in the war for United States .

The official United States figures of military war deaths listed by the US Dept. of Defense for the period ending Dec. 31, 1918 are 116,516; which includes 53,402 battle deaths and 63,114 non combat deaths.

Yes it was just a story....Except Montgomery was not a fictional character or the fact that the Germans sent their best troops to the Caen section including their SS panther divisions.

Thats what other posters mean when they say the Yanks changing history. It just Hollywood, apart from the constant dig at the Brits and Canadians.

As for All quiet on the Western front. The US did not arrive in numbers until 1918. The majority of German soldiers never ever see one let alone shoot at one. Im sure if the is a 4th version of the film that could be changed.

I can see it now a young British Captain Montgomery cowering in his trench until Lieutenant Patton of the US army saves the day and a changes the course of history..
Interesting answer, all totally irrelevant to my points. You could have stopped after the first six words and agreed with me. Well done. What’s Monty got to do with it, one comment in a film,
Brit’s were not at Omaha, ( except royal navy personnel sailing the landing craft) yanks were on the western front -not opinions Facts

Last edited:
Interesting answer, all totally irrelevant to my points. You could have stopped after the first six words and agreed with me. Well done. What’s Monty got to do with it, one comment in a film,
Brit’s were not at Omaha, ( except royal navy personnel sailing the landing craft) yanks were on the western front -not opinions Facts

There were Brits who landed on Omaha including RAF personnel who were to set up comms to call in air cover and some engineers etc.

What about the two Royal navy ships that moved in so close they nearly beached. They picked off some of the bunkers at a time when Eisenhower was considering evacuating Omaha....On the history channel they will only mention the US warship.

Yes the final battle in the film was Hollywood but in the real world including the battle outside Carentan, episode 3 in band of brothers....You may not know that general Bradley ordered armoured support after receiving intel direct from Bletchley park about the German counter attack.

Better to have Tom hanks and some sticky bombs with that important line about the Brits holding us up. I know fools 99% of Americans but its sad when fools Brits as well.

PS did you know Alec Guinness piloted a landing craft for the invasion of Sicily.

There were Brits who landed on Omaha including RAF personnel who were to set up comms to call in air cover and some engineers etc.

What about the two Royal navy ships that moved in so close they nearly beached. They picked off some of the bunkers at a time when Eisenhower was considering evacuating Omaha....On the history channel they will only mention the US warship.

Yes the final battle in the film was Hollywood but in the real world including the battle outside Carentan, episode 3 in band of brothers....You may not know that general Bradley ordered armoured support after receiving intel direct from Bletchley park about the German counter attack.

Better to have Tom hanks and some sticky bombs with that important line about the Brits holding us up. I know fools 99% of Americans but its sad when fools Brits as well.

PS did you know Alec Guinness piloted a landing craft for the invasion of Sicily.
Are you still banging on about Saving Private Ryan ?Tom Hanks has a new film out in the UK and here (I believe) next week.

Glass Onion on Netflix

Very good, nearly as good as the superb Knives Out. Daniel Craig is much better in this than any Bond movie

Knives Out 8/10
Glass Onion 7/10

"Corsage"--I lasted about 30 minutes of this utter nonsense (Thank God I had a free ticket!)

1672805506009.png

Saw Tom Hanks in a Man called Otto earlier.Moving in places.TH's is obviouly shrewd enough to develop his own projects ,like this one,,which lend themselves to his everyman personna, when the big parts in films like Elvis dry up.

Back