• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Roger that. I like the way he generally lets the interviewee do the talking. Fat too interviewers many with their own egos to push. Very few that I’ve watched that I’ve been disappointed in.
Yeah he definitely does let them talk and not interrupt.I listen to his stuff on long walks sometimes and really passes the time.Kevin Lane interview is a good one

I watched The Pale Blue Eye on Netfix. Now I am sure I'd seen this film before or a version of the story but I can find nothing online.

It is pretty decent until it gets very mad at about 90 minutes in, where it seems to be a different film for a while, then it settles back down for the reminder of the running time.

I watched The Pale Blue Eye on Netfix. Now I am sure I'd seen this film before or a version of the story but I can find nothing online.

It is pretty decent until it gets very mad at about 90 minutes in, where it seems to be a different film for a while, then it settles back down for the reminder of the running time.

I thought it was a solid 3/5. Cast was excellent, especially Harry Melling, as was the cinematography, but the plot was leaden, and a tad predictable.

ps there was a similar film called The Raven, on my watchlist with Poe as a protagonist

I quite enjoyed it. I did note that 90% of the cast were British Actors which seems to be the common theme these days.

I thought it was a solid 3/5. Cast was excellent, especially Harry Melling, as was the cinematography, but the plot was leaden, and a tad predictable.

ps there was a similar film called The Raven, on my watchlist with Poe as a protagonist

I have seen the Raven, it is definitely not that. Maybe I imagined it!

Saw Tom Hanks in a Man called Otto earlier.Moving in places.TH's is obviouly shrewd enough to develop his own projects ,like this one,,which lend themselves to his everyman personna, when the big parts in films like Elvis dry up.
We see this last night and really enjoyed it.Film offered more than I thought it would and I agree was moving in places.I noticed Tom Hanks son was in it too playing young Otto

The Lost King. What a marvellous film. I never really give 10/10 on any film because I feel every movie could have improved on certain aspects, this was just top class. British film industry at it's best.

Give me British films like this over the American crap where they're dressed up as super hero's anytime.

100/10.

We see this last night and really enjoyed it.Film offered more than I thought it would and I agree was moving in places.I noticed Tom Hanks son was in it too playing young Otto
We hope to see "A Man Called Otto" in two weeks.

Reactions: tia
The Lost King. What a marvellous film. I never really give 10/10 on any film because I feel every movie could have improved on certain aspects, this was just top class. British film industry at it's best.

Give me British films like this over the American crap where they're dressed up as super hero's anytime.

100/10.
David Lean made quite a few wonderful films in the 1940's
Of course the British New Wave Films (AKA kitchen sink dramas) were a great genre of films.

Michael Caine has appeared in a number of excellent films.
The wonderful Leslie Manville (Mrs Harris Goes To Paris) is a great talent.

Going back in time there was the legend that is Alfred Hitchcock who made films in England and then moved to America.

"Peeping Tom" came out in 1960 and was pulled at the cinema due to it's severe content and is now very highly rated.
This one of my favourite films along with Hitchcock's classic "Psycho"
1673650427345.png

Back