• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

David Lean made quite a few wonderful films in the 1940's
Of course the British New Wave Films (AKA kitchen sink dramas) were a great genre of films.

Michael Caine has appeared in a number of excellent films.
The wonderful Leslie Manville (Mrs Harris Goes To Paris) is a great talent.

Going back in time there was the legend that is Alfred Hitchcock who made films in England and then moved to America.

"Peeping Tom" came out in 1960 and was pulled at the cinema due to it's severe content and is now very highly rated.
This one of my favourite films along with Hitchcock's classic "Psycho"
View attachment 24268
Peeping Tom is a wonderful film Michael Powell IIRC .It probably wouldn't get made today ,unfortunately though.

Last edited:
Napster you obviously have never seen it.
The murderer has a spike in a tripod.

He murders women whilst filming it!!!!

The P C brigade would be pulling out their hair if they got a whiff of an attempted remake!

See the film you can buy/rent the DVD online.
Please watch it as I would like your view of it.

The P C brigade would be pulling out their hair if they got a whiff of an attempted remake!

You do know it's a film and not real life right?

Plently of films made that are horrifically violent

"The Clockwork Orange" to my knowledge has never been made.
Do you mean Stanley Kubrick's brilliant 1971 film "A Clockwork Orange"?

Saw that (uncut) in Leicester Square when it first came out, as it was banned in Southend by the council who refused to give it a licence or rating,
A Clockwoek Orange.jpg

I’ve seen it - it’s OK I suppose.

You're obviously talking about so called "terror " films which almost by definition are far less realistic than PT was.I agree they're "worse" btw. :Winking:
No such thing as terror films - horror is the right term. Peeping Tom is a psychological horror. Realism in horror is interesting- and there’s plenty of horror films based on that. Texas Chainsaw Massacre for one. That was remade recently as well. The horror genre gets less credit than it should.

No such thing as terror films - horror is the right term. Peeping Tom is a psychological horror. Realism in horror is interesting- and there’s plenty of horror films based on that. Texas Chainsaw Massacre for one. That was remade recently as well. The horror genre gets less credit than it should.
TCM is one of the worst recent films I've ever seen.You'll excuse me for not wanting to see the remake I hope.While I like the John Whale classic Frankenstein films,Nosferatu and even some of the early Hammer horror films it's not a genre that I care overmuch for.

Edit.Have you actually seen Peeping Tom?

Last edited:
Back