• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

So did I, I was really confused at the ending when he grew about thirty years but understood it after a bit of thought.

For those with some local knowledge, the journey on the Middlesbrough Transporter Bridge that pops up in the middle of the film was also very confusing since the film was supposed to be set in a Durham mining village.

Local Hero is a fantastic movie, I was walking on the beach at Pennan (location of the movie) on Saturday afternoon, it is just over 10 miles from our village and i nice drive and what a truly breath taking location for a movie

I really cannot praise Local Hero enough, it is simply one of the best films ever made and certainly, without any shadow of doubt, in my top 5 favourite movies of all time. Fans of Ealing Comedy will relate to this film instantly. The humour is extremely subtle, going for the quirkiness of human behaviour rather than prefabricated belly-laughs. For example, the two farmers arguing which is the better vehicle for transporting winter lambs, Massarati or Rolls Royce. And the African preacher who has to explain that he's "not Scottish either" but still has the surname McPhearson.

OK then.

Transformers - Well, I have to say, there's a few dodgy lines, and, to be honest, the finale just doesn't match up excitement wise to the first 20 minutes. Don't get me wrong, it's a cracking finale, but, compared to the start with the attack at the base, it just doesn't do it for me. In any case, a solid 8 from me.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Is it possible to find that a actress performs so well as a character that you just hate her? Because Imelda Staunton's performance as Umbridge is so great I have to remove myself from the room in practically every scene she's in, just so I don't have to hear her. Or see her. I'm sorry if it sounds like I hate her performance, I don't, it's probably the best performance in the film. I think it's just the way Umbridge is. Still, told the story well enough, could've done with a few mre character development scenes (i.e. Sirius/Harry relationship building), but decent enough. 7.

The Other Boleyn Girl 8/10 An enjoyable flick. Bana played Henry well, and so did Portman and Johannson. Also nice to know that essex families were that screwed up hundreds of years ago. Probably one for the ladies really, but as it was a freebie I ain't moaning!!!

The Other Boleyn Girl 8/10 An enjoyable flick. Bana played Henry well, and so did Portman and Johannson. Also nice to know that essex families were that screwed up hundreds of years ago. Probably one for the ladies really, but as it was a freebie I ain't moaning!!!

Desperately trying to re-read the book before I go and see it - how did it come over with Americans in the lead roles or did they all do a Dick Van Dyke sort of?

Rarely go to the cinema so really looking forward to this. Most recent DVD I saw was Shrek the 3rd - probably a 7/10, not as good as the original but still some funny moments. Antonio Banderas still souds smoulderingly lovely even when he's being a cartoon cat!

Desperately trying to re-read the book before I go and see it - how did it come over with Americans in the lead roles or did they all do a Dick Van Dyke sort of?

Rarely go to the cinema so really looking forward to this. Most recent DVD I saw was Shrek the 3rd - probably a 7/10, not as good as the original but still some funny moments. Antonio Banderas still souds smoulderingly lovely even when he's being a cartoon cat!

Anything with these 2 words in the title is always going to be as confusing film!!!!

Saw the new Rambo film the other day, all the other lads loved it but I found it quite boring.

Go and stick sharp metal objects in both your eyes, and dont talk to me until you've apologised for the above comment.

I've also seen Rambo 4, and think its fecking awesome. Watching a sniper take out people heads, Rambo taking on the Burmese Army. Gave me more than just a twitch....

Still, not a patch on 2, and not as good as 3, but better than one.

Apparantly the kill count is 240 in 90 minutes. That's awesome.

Eastern Promises - 8/10
A lot better than A History of Violence... I was really impressed by this film. Yes it was horrifically violent in places (with the infamous sauna scene being particularly disturbing) and the storyline was rather far fetched. however Viggo Mortensen was stunning as both a psycotic and warm gangster.

My main issue with this was that it felt a bit unfinished, and at only 98 minutes it felt, and definitely ended like a an episode of Holby City really!! It definitely could have had another 45mins tagged on and really made it into a proper gangster tour de force. If the ending was supposed to be left fairly open on purpose, then it definitely felt like a cop out

well worth watching though

Go and stick sharp metal objects in both your eyes, and dont talk to me until you've apologised for the above comment.
I've also seen Rambo 4, and think its fecking awesome. Watching a sniper take out people heads, Rambo taking on the Burmese Army. Gave me more than just a twitch....

Still, not a patch on 2, and not as good as 3, but better than one.

Apparantly the kill count is 240 in 90 minutes. That's awesome.

You make that sound like a punishment!

Eastern Promises does look pretty good, might have to check it out.

I bought 300 on DVD the other day and watched it yesterday. I thought it was pretty good but it was slightly overrated and I think it would have been better without the fantasy elements ie the giant elephants etc.

Poor standards.

I saw Semi-Pro on friday and was laughing through out the film. If you like Blades of Glory or Talledaga Nights you will love this film. So funny. 8/10

Really?

There was only one person laughing in the cinema where I watched it. Neither me nor my mates who I went with thought it was particularly funny.

Eastern Promises - also very impressed with this - 8/10
John Rambo - silly, but brilliantly bloodthirsty and superbly quotable (eg you ladyboy c@nt!) - 8.5/10
Eagle vs Shark - romantic comedy from New Zealand (I know, sounds pony). From the guys who made the excellent 'Flight of the Conchords' series, so don't expect Bridget Jones style bollox, it's top notch and I had something in my eye at the end, I promise - 9/10

Back