• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Impressed to see Wall-E at No.2. By far my favourite pixar film!

Yep, it's probably mine. I love 'Up' as well but I think it fizzles out a bit and Monsters Inc holds a special place in my heart as my daughter watched it religiously when she was a bit younger.

New thread started....

Yep, it's probably mine. I love 'Up' as well but I think it fizzles out a bit and Monsters Inc holds a special place in my heart as my daughter watched it religiously when she was a bit younger.

New thread started....

I completely agree, Up starts off well but it is sort of spoilt by all those dogs. It would have been better as a Pixar short like The Paper Man and Lava

A quiet place, very good and a bit different to other find of this type. Only 4 actors for 90% of film , and close to zero spoken dialogue, but real edge of the seat stuff. 8/10

A quiet place, very good and a bit different to other find of this type. Only 4 actors for 90% of film , and close to zero spoken dialogue, but real edge of the seat stuff. 8/10

I'm glad someone enjoyed it, Me and Mrs Ross really couldn't get into it! I was disappointed and would of given a 4 at best.

Saw a gem of a British film last night at SC's cineclub.2013's Le-Weekend.Hanif Kurishi's script with Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan in top form.There's a wonderful running gag in the film about (appropriately enough) doing a runner.

The Tale - True story of documentary maker Jennifer Fox who, in her mid-40s realised that her first relationship at 13 was not love but sexual abuse. Harrowing at times. 7/10

Incredibles 2. Just not as funny as I was expecting and a lot of talking & expositioning for a kids film (saw a number of kids visibly bored during these parts). Some great action set pieces, but everything with Jack-Jack is gold and really saved the film for me. 6/10

Note:
The Short at the start 'Bao' is sublime and worth the ticket price on it's own.

A Quiet Place - Over-rated horror where the monsters hear their victims. Found it quite dull. 5/10

Back