• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Train to busan. Korean zombie movie. Really good movie. Very well made. 8 out 10

Extraction. Action extreme. Very cliched but not bad. 6 out of 10

I had a burning urge to watch the 1977 theatrical print of Star Wars last night, so I did. It really is very good.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

We've spent the lockdown weekends watching the series with the kids. They loved them. We're now bracing ourselves for the Warner Bros. Studio Tour.

Sabotage (on Film4 if I remember correctly). Typical take-your-brain-out blood-fest type Arnie movie. 4/10 at a push, worth a watch only if there's naff-all else on.....

Four Kids & It.

Two families come together on holiday and find a sand monster who can grant wishes, It's ok, family friendly. 7/10

Watched a couple of films recently;

- Sonic. It was OK. The comedy moments were fairly laboured, and Jim Carey’s better days are behind him. It’s an easy watch though and kids will enjoy it.

- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Being a Tarantino fan, I was fairly excited for this film. Who would have thought that a Tarantino film starring Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie, set in the late 60’s and mainly centred around the infamous Manson Family, could be so hit-and-miss.

There’s some great moments & some that just feel like filler for the sake of it. It’s a long film, so be prepared for a drawnout - and at times, tedious - storyline, but the payoff is good.

- Blue Story. Obviously my interest was piqued due to the negative publicity it received. Thought it was ok, but a poundshop version of Kidulthood.

TV wise, I’ve recently finished all 6 seasons of Brooklyn 99. Love that show. Just started Ozark, which is fairly promising.

Watched a couple of films recently;

- Sonic. It was OK. The comedy moments were fairly laboured, and Jim Carey’s better days are behind him. It’s an easy watch though and kids will enjoy it.

- Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Being a Tarantino fan, I was fairly excited for this film. Who would have thought that a Tarantino film starring Leonardo Di Caprio, Brad Pitt and Margot Robbie, set in the late 60’s and mainly centred around the infamous Manson Family, could be so hit-and-miss.

There’s some great moments & some that just feel like filler for the sake of it. It’s a long film, so be prepared for a drawnout - and at times, tedious - storyline, but the payoff is good.

- Blue Story. Obviously my interest was piqued due to the negative publicity it received. Thought it was ok, but a poundshop version of Kidulthood.

TV wise, I’ve recently finished all 6 seasons of Brooklyn 99. Love that show. Just started Ozark, which is fairly promising.
Season 7 of Brooklyn Nine-Nine is currently on E4

Reactions: GBJ
Back